Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Post Date:September 1, 2022
- Views 51
- Career Level OfficerExperience 6 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Master’s DegreeSalary 49999 - 50000 AFN monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AD#AF 198/2022Location Kabul
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC International is a leading nonprofit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Our approach is grounded in the conviction that people living in vulnerable situations can be agents of change if they are empowered with the tools, skills, and hope they need to change their lives. We design proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on successfully implemented programmes is applied across 10 countries, touching the lives of over 130 million people, where our models are adapted according to the country’s context.
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
The Senior Monitoring Officer under the M&E department Standard Operating Procedures will lead the Monitoring/Evaluation/Research activities of the project. He/She will understand the project and will ensure integrity and transparency in delivery of M&E activities as well as reporting. He/She will monitor the project and staff activities, and will provide staff with constructive feedback and comments to improve the quality of implementation. The incumbent will supervise the M&E Coordinators and M&E Officers on the day today activities and will guide, manage and coordinate the project research and monitoring operations at the field levels. Monitoring of safeguarding will also be carried out as per BRAC Afghanistan safeguarding policies. The incumbent is the key technical staff in the M&E department where ensuring quality implementation of the project activities, and will provide the field M&E staff with technical support and guidance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Understand the project project outputs, outcomes and the ultimate results
2. Lead and support the project Need Assessment (NA), make sure the eligible project participants selected, and contribute to the NA report.
3. Develop the project logrfame, M&E system, M&E plan and data collection tools
4. Ensure regular data collection of project, as well as ensure quality of the data by random verification validation and cross checking
5. Supervise the field staff and data collectors and manage their day today activities
6. Provide technical support and evidence based recommendation to the M&E Coordinators/Officers and project staff.
7. Provide capacity building to the field staff to collect quality, accurate and precise data
8. Coordinate with the project staff over planning and monitoring activities that will take place as per project implementation plans
9. Carry out field monitoring visits covering all project activities and debrief the implementation managers over areas of improvement rigorously.
10. Reporting of critical findings through the existing M&E mechanisms on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
11. Analyze the data and report on the project outputs/outcomes/impact indicators on periodic basis.
12. Support the donor and other stakeholders during monitoring visits as per instructions of implementation managers and M&E department
13. Support the implementation managers through feedback obtained from beneficiary community.
14. Ensure accountability at all levels of implementation including communication of complaints and response reciprocally between project and beneficiary community.
15. Ensure data integrity, validity, quality of products as well as delivery to the beneficiaries.
16. Contribute to and support the M&E Manager and Team Leader in M&E, project progress reports and reports to the donor
17. Carry out safeguarding monitoring at all levels of project as per devised safeguarding plan for the project
18. Report on persistent issues through the current special reporting mechanism of M&E department.
19. Comply with the BRAC MIS/M&E SOPs and guidelines
20. Practice, promote and endorse the issues of BRAC safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
21. Attend coordination meetings with project and come up with proposals that can support the efficient delivery of services for the target community.
22. Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
23. Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
24. Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
25. Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
• Minimum 4-6 years’ relevant experience in the areas of planning, M&E and reporting, especially in the grass root level, Monitoring and Research Coordination, Community Mobilization, and Community Development projects.
• Experience with the humanitarian response actions, livelihood improvement, women economic empowerment, business development and community-driven development is desirable.
• Experience in NFIs or FIs distribution monitoring
• Experience with one time monitoring approaches and techniques
• Demonstrated experience of assessing progress and
sustainability of projects/programmes of identifying timely corrective action
• Good organizational, communication, interpersonal, and team skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management skills.
• Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari, both written and spoken
• Familiar with report writing and planning
• Honest, proactive, and well mannered.
• Training and capacity building skills in participatory monitoring method
• Monitoring and evaluating, reporting and results-based management
• Demonstrated experience of building and maintain a reliable M&E database on
the status of project implementation, delivery, evaluations, and reporting
• Experience of working in teams and coordinating with project/Programme personnel located in distant offices
• Experience of producing M&E Guidelines, frameworks, training material
• Demonstrated experience in capturing learning and documenting knowledge
• Demonstrated skills in digitized data collection and management (Kobo toolbox, ODK, Google forms/sheets, etc.)
IInterested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resource Department, BRAC Afghanistan, Haji Mir Ahmad Street, Baharistan, Karte parewan, Kabul, Afghanistan.
To apply please click on the below link:https://www.jobs.af/jobs/senior-monitoring-and-evaluation-officer-14
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply
If you have any difficulties to apply for this job please contact to jobs.af technical team through WhatsApp 0773020100
Related Jobs (7)
بست سوم – ویدیو ادیتـــور، موشن گرافیک دیزاینر – وزارت اطلاعات وفرهنگ on September 21, 2022 Full Time Job
Diversity and Inclusion Manager (IDM 2.0) Magdeburg (m/f/d) on September 16, 2022 Full Time Job