Community Wash - Nutrition Team
- Post Date:September 14, 2022
- Views 32
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Food and BeverageQualification CertificateSalary Salary ranges from 220 USD to 250 USD depending on the district remoteness and access issues
- Number of Opportunities 16Vacancy Number HADAAF-22-062Location Helmand
- HADAAF is a non-governmental, non for profit and non-sectarian Afghan NGO founded in March 2004 and legally registered with the Ministry of Economy in 2006. Since its inception, HADAAF has been implementing programs in different sectors such as; health, education, livelihood, emergency response and community’s development mostly in hard to reach area of Afghanistan. Under its programs HADAAF is targeting the most vulnerable communities; such as marginalized women and children, people with disabilities, internal and external displaced population in different parts of the country. HADAAF has adapted a strategic approach of partnership and collaboration throughout its program implementation. Thus far, HADAAF has implementing projects/programs in partnership with MoPH, IMC, UNICEF, WHO, FHI 360, Health Net TPO, UNDP Save the Children International, Swedish Committee for Afghanistan, Johanniter and Cordaid in Nuristan, Urozgan, Ghor, Farah, Kunar, Laghman and Kabul provinces. This collaborative approach has enabled HADAAF to get access to hard-to-reach areas and implement quality service delivery.
- HADAAF respects & adhere to national & international humanitarian standards such as International Human Rights, Convention on the Rights of Children (CRC), The Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Response, Do NO Harm, Speer Standards, NGO Laws and Code of Conduct among others.
- Conduct systematic screening to all U5 children (Edema, MUAC, Height and Weight) and PLW (MUAC & Edema) in selected communities.
- Conduct growth monitoring for all children U2 coming to the OPD-SAM and OPD-MAM services once in a month.
- Maintain and update the screening, OPD-MAM and OPD-SAM register books on a daily basis
- Introduce children and PLW who meet admission or discharge criteria to the MHNT (Detect and refer malnourished cases to MHNT site)
- Identify children who are absents and defaulted from the program and conduct home visits in coordination with the promoters/mobilizer
- Conduct appetite test to all MAM and SAM children that need to be admitted in the program
- Conduct health education sessions for mothers/caregivers of all children admitted in the program
- Classification of all U5 children in categories of well-nourished and Acute Malnutrition (SAM and MAM).
- Assist line supervisor on performing other duties assigned by the organization
- Establish community based health and nutrition promotion committees (male and female) in the catchment areas of MHNT.
- Conduct project inception meeting with local community elders in MHNT catchment areas.
- Organize regular community sensitization sessions in the catchment area of the project.
- Record the necessary information in the relevant reporting tools.
- Prepared all the material for the health and promotion education sessions to the CNMT
- Distribute program relevant IEC to the beneficiaries in the catchment areas of the project
- Record all information in the designed/validated reporting tools
- Present the professional image of the organization related program to relevant communities.
- Develop contacts and explain to stakeholders and populations the activities and the objectives of the programs.
- Inform local authorities about all aspects of the programs
- Involve and inform the communities in the implementation of the program
- Work in collaboration with all the stakeholders, active in the catchment area of the project
- Keep all items in the field very well, after the field visit, clean, and prepare the using in coming day.
- Reporting challenges, way of forwards / successes to line manager.
- Previous experiences working in nutrition activities
- Patience, good relations with other people, good capacity to work in a team, precision, work under stressful situation.
- Ability to manage staff according to local culture
- Fluent in Dari, Pashto
- High flexibility on the location area
- Good team management and positive attitude
- Knowledge of intervention area is a plus
- Graduate medical nurse, midwife or public health from recognized institute (Male/Female)
- At least 2 years’ experience in the field of health and nutrition at community level
Interested candidate with the required qualification and experience should send their applications along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 30 September 2022.
Contact Numbers: +93786243900
Applications will not be accepted/considered after the closing date. Only short-listed candidates whose applications meet the above criteria will be considered.
Note: Applicant should mention the Vacancy Number in the Subject line of the E-mail.