Community Mobilizer (Nangarhar)
- Post Date:November 7, 2022
- Views 37
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IRW-NGR-009-2022Location Nangarhar
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Project Officer, the incumbent undertakes the following duties
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Mobilize the community and beneficiaries and make them aware why and how to protect the women and girls and why the gender based violence is needed to be addressed;
- Support the team in planning and organizing community’s awareness, campaigns, behavior change communication and community mobilization sessions.
- Engage and mobilize community members in one to one and group sessions.
- Work closely with the case workers in selecting the child in target communities.
- Disseminate and distribute protection and GBV awareness materials in each target communities.
- Work closely with communities’ leaders, influential figures and youth people in selecting GBV cases needing protection intervention in target communities.
- Help in finding cases of GBV for case workers and provide services and/or refer the cases to other NGOs active in the site.
- Conduct awareness training and conduct information campaign on the field according to the communities’ knowledge levels.
- Prepare work plan, schedules and report for all activities
- Any other official related tasks may assign to hem/her
- 14th Grade Education or University Degree
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in relevant field
- Good communication skill
- Good interpersonal skill
- proficiency in Pashto and Dari
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following link:
The closing date for accepting applications is 13 November 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.
Note: The interview will be on rolling basis due to the urgent need of the position the interview may take place before the closing date of the post/s.
Related Jobs (6)
Settlement Planning and Shelter Assistant (Re-Advertised) on November 20, 2022 Full Time Job