Community Mobilizer for MHPSS
- Post Date:September 20, 2022
- Views 9
- Career Level ManagerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Associate DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 4Vacancy Number HNTPO-09-20-2022/001Location Khost
About HealthNet TPO:
HealthNet TPO is a Netherlands based not for profit, non-governmental organization founded on the principle that access to affordable quality health care is a basic human right. HealthNet TPO works with interdisciplinary professionals to develop and implement innovative, culturally appropriate, evidence based public health interventions with a focus on: innovative development of health systems, mental health and psychosocial care, long and short term training of health workers, control of communicable diseases (including malaria), and health financing schemes. HealthNet TPO offers ground-breaking and unconventional solutions that foster self-reliance and promote sustainable health care that is accessible to all.
HealthNet TPO in Afghanistan aims to improve the health status of the people in Afghanistan by supporting the local communities and the Government of Afghanistan in the development of a sustainable health care system. HealthNet TPO is working in Afghanistan since 1994, implementing integrated health projects managed mainly by national staff and supported technically by expatriate staff from the headquarter office. HealthNet TPO Afghanistan is providing Primary Health Care, Mental Health and psychosocial services, fighting malaria and supporting Mother & Child Health Care in terms of providing training for Community Midwifes and to conduct operation research. Health Net TPO is currently implementing projects in 22 provinces and the major program it implements are Malaria Control program,SEHATMANDI projects in four provinces, nutrition, Mental Health and Psychosocial program through a community system strengthening approach.
- Identify vulnerable families eligible for assistance according to established selection criteria to be supported by the MHPSS outreach teams.
- To maintain proper and accurate record of the activities performed in the community for the girls, boys, men and women of reproductive age.
- To do community mobilization in the Service Delivery Points of MHPSS outreach teams.
- Communicate/Coordinate with community influential women for gathering women and girls in the SDP for the purpose receiving them mobile health services.
- Daily awareness to community women and girls regarding protection issues.
- Support other members of outreach team as co-facilitator for MHPSS services.
- Establish working relationship with all stakeholders at the district and community level for smooth implementation of the project.
- Take active part in community mobilization in consultation with project officer based on the HNTPO policy.
- Provide support in SDP selection and planning for the project implementation.
- Visit each SDP regularly as well as community leaders to provide space for the mobile health team and inform them one day before.
- Informing village/SDP residences about team existence and available services through ground walk.
- Community awareness session regarding mental health and psychosocial support services.
- Spread main messages about the topics e.g. MHPSS, psychosocial issues or any other relevant topic.
- Assist other relevant staff regarding follow up of earthquake survivors and other needy people.
- Provide required support and information to ensure high quality services delivery.
- Provide situation analysis and progress report to the Project officers whenever required or based on the needs of the project. This may also include security updates and changes occurred in the target community.
- Organize necessary orientation for community members and beneficiaries on the project activities and their roles.
- Assist with project team leaders in regards to the quality implementation of the project activities in the field.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by mobile health team leader or line manager.
- At least baccalaureate degree but University degree in social science or in similar fields is preferable.
- Two years’ experience in community mobilization with INGOs/NGOs/Government and others
- Good communication skills
- Ability to travel remote areas and district.
- Good relation and fame in the target community.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work effectively in team
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application letter and apply Via E-mail to [email protected]
Please ensure to fill out the Health Net TPO application form which is available in http://www.acbar.org/application form
Please ensure to write the number of vacancy and position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail Add.
Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration. Candidates who are meeting the above criteria will be short listed;
Khost Provinicail office Address,
Near to Hakim Taniwal Park