Community Mobiliser (Balkh)
- Post Date:November 30, 2022
- Views 26
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Male
- Industry EnergyQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 4Vacancy Number IRW-BLK-016-2022Location Balkh
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW) is an international non-profitable Non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its headquarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. It is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside since then; IRA continued assisting in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs.
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Head of Programs, the incumbent undertakes the following duties:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Mobilise the community and beneficiaries and provide them awareness regarding the project activities.
- Support the team in planning and organizing community’s awareness, campaigns, behavior change communication and community mobilization sessions.
- Engage and mobilise community members in one to one and group sessions.
- Work closely with the community elders and CDCs in selecting the target communities.
- Help in finding Pregnant and lactating women in target areas of the project
- Conduct awareness training and conduct information campaign on the field according to the communities’ knowledge levels.
- Prepare work plan, schedules, and report for all activities.
- Coordination with local authorities, and community leaders as well as faith leaders.
- Any other official related tasks may assign to him.
- Diploma of Social Science,
- Bachelor’s of Social Sciences, public relations is preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience of working in the community (Social Mobilizing, Community Mobilizing, Social Organizer, Community Facilitator and etc).
- Relevant work experience in Emergency Programs would be a plus
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV by clicking (Apply Now) option at the top, right corner of this page.
The closing date for accepting applications is 06 Dec 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position in your job application.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for written test/interview.