- Post Date:November 20, 2022
- Views 14
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Female
- Industry EnergyQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number HRM/GRMO-75/2022Location Ghazni
SCA has been working in Afghanistan since 1982 and is presently managing development programmes linked to Strategic Objectives concerning Health, Education and Community Driven Development. With a total annual, budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,700 of whom 15 are non-Afghans. The SCA presence in Afghanistan consists of the Kabul Management Office (KMO), five Regional Management Offices and two Liaison Offices. In Sweden SCA has 20 staff working at the Stockholm Management Office (SMO) and around 3,500 members organized in local chapters all over the country. In the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development.
- Acting in accordance with SCA’s policies and regulations and SCA Education directives.
- Providing updates on issues related to SCA and the environment where SCA operates.
- Mobilizing stakeholders in implementation of education activities related to the project in the field.
- Implementation of other duties as delegated by the respective supervisor and Education Project Manager
- Mobilizing communities to support the inclusion, gender equality, and non-discriminative programming against girls and women in education.
- Mobilizing women to serve as School Management Shura (SMS) members
- Mobilizing and hold discussions with community members, women-women and girl-girls forums to discuss the education needs of girls and sharing these with the supervisor for further follow up
- Supporting distribution of teaching and learning materials and kits in targets schools
- Organizing regular meetings with girls, women and school management shura members in schools and communities to discuss and address their needs in education alongside the Education Team
- Mobilizing communities in campaigns to enhance enrolment, retention and community support towards girls’ education and women’s participation in education
- Following up with schools and SCA staff on implementation of respective recommendations for
- Following up on implementation of planned education activities
- Take responsibility for own work and seek to achieve project and organisational objectives
- Uphold with dignity the identity of the organisation, mission, vision and core values
- Commitment to improvement and making a difference in the lives of others, especially girls and women, through sharing of knowledge and experience in innovative ways
- At least Grade 12 level of Education or equivalent. A teacher, community, or social work certificate/
- diploma level training will be an added advantage.
- Practical experience in at least three of the following At least a year’s experience in education, community, or social work experience, especially within an Education, NGO or Community Based Organization or similar organization.
- Practical experience in at least one of the following areas: Social and community mobilization and engagement, project implementation, teaching, girls’ education, conducting literacy classes, capacity building, women affairs, mentorship, and advocac
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in supporting girls and women participation in education and community development
- Community Own Resource Persons – Drawn from the target local communities
- Fluency in oral and written Dari and/Pashto. Ability to communicate effectively in English is an added advantage `
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work different categories of people
- Self-initiating, self-motivated and with ability to work with minimum supervision
- Team player, hardworking, honest, proactive, and disciplined
- Proven ability to work and support School Management Shuras members in target schools
- Approachable, diplomatic, professional and supportive to all stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to travel to rural and remote project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to the SCA environment
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV and cover letter through the link below:
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested at the time of interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment.
Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality,
Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be
conducted for the successful candidate.