Community Liaison Officer
- Post Date:September 24, 2022
- Views 72
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 4Vacancy Number Moore/ILO-MZR/01Location Balkh
The Employment Intensive Investment Programme (EIIP) Afghanistan is one of the four pillars of the ILO’s crisis response and overall strategy of promoting employment and decent work in Afghanistan through the humanitarian-development-peace nexus. It is implemented under the overall umbrella of the Area-based Approach to Development Emergency Initiatives (ABADEI) Programme for Community Resilience funded through the Special Trust Fund for Afghanistan (STFA). The project will provide decent jobs through the rehabilitation and maintenance of priority public infrastructure while providing employment and income opportunities for both women and men, including persons with disabilities (PwD), host communities, internally displaced people (IDP) etc. This will be through capacity building, use of labour-intensive work methods, and ensuring that decent work principles and social and environmental safeguards are adhered to resulting in provision of essential services and enhanced community livelihoods for the vulnerable.
The EIIP Project will be implementing 4 projects within Mazar, and through a recruiting agent seeks the services of 1 Community Liaison Officer per community to provide the necessary facilitation with the community during implementation of the project.
- Carry out the community engagement and community mobilization for the infrastructure projects to ensure appropriate targeting.
- Facilitate community meetings and mobilization of workers.
- Implement the social safeguards framework, including gender monitoring and environmental compliance.
- Assist the EIIP to conduct environmental impact assessments to ensure that the infrastructure works contribute to the environmental sustainability of rural communities.
- Support baseline and end line surveys, impact assessments and traffic counts.
- Work with the Procurement and Monitoring Officer to implement the M&E Plan and to update the M&E database.
- Contribute to the preparation of Community Snapshots for impact assessment as part of the M&E process and ensure that they are adjusted to the local context and information needs of project partners.
- Assist the project team to monitor the implementation of the works to ensure that contractors are in compliance with specific contract clauses to protect Labour standards and working conditions of the local communities.
- Encourage the participation of vulnerable groups such as women, people with disabilities.
- Support the implementation of segregated workplaces to enable the participation of women.
- Any other task assigned by the Project Procurement and Monitoring Officer.
Education: – Completion of secondary school education, supplemented by technical or university level courses in economics, development studies, business management, social science, or a related discipline.
Three to five years of experience in similar activities including community mobilization, facilitation and organizing community activities.
Language: Fluency in Dari, Pashto and fair command of English language is required.
Moore/ILO is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages the participation of women
Preference will be given to the local community.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the context of the northern region of Afghanistan
- Ability to interpret project information and to identify and analyze problems with implementation.
- Intra-personal skills including working with groups and ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Communication and facilitation skills.
- Good computer applications skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Good organizational skills.
Ability to work on own initiative as well as member of a team.
Qualified and interested Afghan candidates should submit his/her cover letter and updated CV to the following email address:
The subject line of the email must be (Community Liaison Officer, VA No: Moore/ILO-MZR/01).
Related Jobs (6)
Settlement Planning and Shelter Assistant (Re-Advertised) on November 20, 2022 Full Time Job