Community Health Worker
- Post Date:September 16, 2022
- Views 45
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IR-KDR-001Location Kandahar
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief WorldwideIslamic Relief WorldwideIslamic Relief WorldwideIslamic Relief WorldwideIslamic Relief Worldwide
The Community Health Worker will work under direct supervision of Medical Doctor and carry the below responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Implement and follow-up the health and nutrition activities in the mobile team and community level on regular basis according to the implementation plan under the direct supervision of the Medical doctor and nutritionist.
· Screening of under 5 children and women of reproductive age for malnutrition.
· In consultation with the Nutritionist and Medical doctor, refer the complicated cases of SAM and MAM to hospital.
· Conduct individual counselling for mothers and caretaker.
· Organize and held the session on breast feeding practices.
· Conduct to growth monitoring for under 24 months Childs
· Conduct the PSS cases counselling and awareness.
· Facilitate nutrition sessions which includes preparation of the beneficiary lists, informing the beneficiaries to gather at the specific time and place and arrange the nutrition camp.
· Conduct the community mobilization sessions on health and nutrition to the mothers and camp inhabitants and conduct PSS awareness raising sessions.
· Promote the hygiene practices in the targeted communities to avoid the malnutrition specially sever acute malnutrition and health problems.
· Support the communities in identifying and referral of suspected cases to malnutrition and severely ill child and women to MHT.
· Establishment of the mother’s group in the target communities and support them in health and nutrition.
· Active participation in food distribution and nutrition camp activities.
· Conducting meetings with beneficiary and relevant stakeholders in their respected provinces and working areas.
· Keep Nutritionist and MD updated on the progress of the project activities in the targeted areas and any issues that may arise during project implementation that need their support.
· Conducting meeting with the community elders, faith leaders and women leaders for the mobilization of families in the targeted areas
· Preparation and submission of the monthly plans and reports and submit it to the line supervisor
· Preparation of the success stories, case studies and assist the media officer in taking quality pictures and videos from the project implementation areas
· Perform any other tasks assigned by his/her supervisor.
· Keep the files up to date.
Diploma/degree in Public health, psychology, nutrition, or related field from reputed university
2-3 years of experience in Medical and nutrition Fields
Knowledge of basic nutrition and Psycho social support.
Experience in mental health and psychosocial support is an asset
Experience in NGOs is an asset
Good organization, planning and reporting skills
Strong interpersonal and communication skill,
Good team interaction and positive attitude
Familiar with word, excel, Skype and email
English is an asset but fluent in local language is mandatory
Flexibility in work.
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following Link:
The closing date for accepting applications is 21-Sep-2022.
The closing date for accepting applications is 21 September 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for written test/interview.
Note: The written test/interview will be on rolling basis due to the urgent need of the position, the written test/interview may take place before the closing date of the post/s.