Community Health Supervisor
- Post Date:September 7, 2022
- Views 72
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Female
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 0922-01Location Kabul
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN:
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide education, skills and livelihoods to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 36,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored or built 150 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity, and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 15,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
The post holder is responsible for the below tasks:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure good coordination, communication, and teamwork skills
- Respect all rules and regulations of FFHC.
- Perform any other tasks or duties assigned by FFHC manager
- Recognizes first work priority is to FFHC and its reputation, patients, and community work.
- Conduct a monthly meeting with CHWs
- Conduct monthly training (educating communities on different health topics) for all community health workers
- Fill out the CHW monitoring checklist for each CHW in a monthly basis
- Collect and compile CHW monthly activity reports
- Send the compiled report along with monitoring checklists to EH
- Identify the gaps in knowledge and skills of CHWs and provide refresher training based on the assessment
- Conduct field visits once a week and identify the area for improvement in CHWs activity and provide suggestions for improvement (in terms of increasing the number of houses in the catchment area and improving the quality of work).
- Propose and suggest appreciation and awards to CHWs based on determined criteria
- Report any obstacles and identify barriers regarding the implementation of the CHW program in the community.
- Take part in the distribution process of CHW kits and assure that households receive the required medicine from the CHW kits
- Helps community health workers identify socio-economic issues that affect people’s overall health and develop health/social management plans and goals.
- Relevant graduate degree from a recognized university (health relevant is preferable) or equivalent work experience (at least three years)
- Equivalent training/course on community-based health, and hygiene promotion programs
- Experience in managing community health programs
- Knowledge of community health and first aid programs
- Skills in program planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
- Ability to conduct capacity-building training for community health workers
- Previous work experience with an international organization is preferable
- Relevant experience in BPHS and Afghanistan health system
- Candidates should submit their CVs with Cover Letter to: [email protected] by no later than 17 September 2022. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention VA# “0922-01” only.
- Kindly combine CV and Cover Letter as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.