Community Health Supervisor (CHS)
- Post Date:September 14, 2022
- Views 68
- Career Level ManagerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary Salary ranges from 130 USD to 160 USD depending on the district remoteness and access issues
- Number of Opportunities 5Vacancy Number HADAAF-22-061Location Helmand
- HADAAF is a non-governmental, non for profit and non-sectarian Afghan NGO founded in March 2004 and legally registered with the Ministry of Economy in 2006. Since its inception, HADAAF has been implementing programs in different sectors such as; health, education, livelihood, emergency response and community’s development mostly in hard to reach area of Afghanistan. Under its programs HADAAF is targeting the most vulnerable communities; such as marginalized women and children, people with disabilities, internal and external displaced population in different parts of the country. HADAAF has adapted a strategic approach of partnership and collaboration throughout its program implementation. Thus far, HADAAF has implementing projects/programs in partnership with MoPH, IMC, UNICEF, WHO, FHI 360, Health Net TPO, UNDP Save the Children International, Swedish Committee for Afghanistan, Johanniter and Cordaid in Nuristan, Urozgan, Ghor, Farah, Kunar, Laghman and Kabul provinces. This collaborative approach has enabled HADAAF to get access to hard-to-reach areas and implement quality service delivery.
- HADAAF respects & adhere to national & international humanitarian standards such as International Human Rights, Convention on the Rights of Children (CRC), The Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Response, Do NO Harm, Speer Standards, NGO Laws and Code of Conduct among others.
- Assist CHW trainers to conduct the theoretical training courses for CHWs, and supervise the activities of the CHWs during their practices in the community
- Provides on-the-job and monthly in-service training to CHWs
- Assists in identifying Urban CHW training needs.
- Designs and implements a plan to upgrade the skills of CHWs and members of the community Health Shura, as needed.
- Assists the staff of the health facility in making plans for the community health programs in the facility and its catchment area.
- Implements and supervises the community health program activities in the catchment area of the health facility.
- Identifies and reports immediately to the head of the health facility any problems that may interfere with achieving program objectives
- Guides the CHWs in the development and implementation of their action plans.
- Conducts monthly supervisory meetings with CHWs
- Ensures regular replacement of supplies in the CHW kits.
- Conducts regular visits to the CHWs in their communities to assess and assist their work
- Encourages teamwork among CHWs, especially when they are working in the same catchment population.
- Ensures the quality of the Tally sheets and community maps maintained by CHWs and assists the CHWs where needed.
- Completes the appropriate Monthly Activity Reports (MAR) and completes the facility Monthly Aggregated Activity Report (MAAR) in coordination with the HF in charge.
- Uses the reporting system and information received from CHWs to monitor health conditions and submits findings to the in charge person of HF.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience at the field level.
- Experience in M.S Office Packages (especially Word and Excel)
- Fluency in native languages (Pashtu, Dari) and English is highly desired
- Motivation, flexibility and capacity to work under pressure and additional hours
Interested candidate with the required qualification and experience should send their applications along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 30 September 2022.
Contact Numbers: +93786243900
Applications will not be accepted/considered after the closing date. Only short-listed candidates whose applications meet the above criteria will be considered.
Note: Applicant should mention the Vacancy Number in the Subject line of the E-mail.