Community Health Promotor
- Post Date:October 9, 2022
- Views 69
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 7Vacancy Number NR/BAG/10/22/017Location Samangan
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
To implement the capacity building program such as trainings, campaigns, meeting, etc at communities and provide technical assistance to community based plat forms and maintain good coordination with targeted communities, government and health facility staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To conduct health related trainings for community volunteer groups such as CHWs, CBSGs, FHAG, women groups, parent groups, students, teachers, and others and in targeted population.
2. To participate in all capacity building trainings regarding the health conduct at regional, provincial and national levels.
3. Conduct awareness session with adoption of MoPH guidance for the communities to control the COVID19 and conduct trainings on other health related topics such as Reproductive health, nutrition, and hygiene.
4. Assist and collaborate with the health team in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the health projects.
5. To ensure the existence of IEC and equipment for all CHWs and its usage/utilization by CHWs and community-based volunteer groups and members.
6. Closely monitor the projects implementation in the regions, follow up the activities based on Yearly Plan of Operation (YPO).
7. Collaboratively work with regional health coordinator and regional health program team to ensure the required reports of health activities are produced properly and on timely.
8. To develop working relationships with target health facilities for provision of quality health education and providing support for referrals.
9. To have good coordination with other stakeholders in the targeted areas for effective implementation of the health project in health program areas and should have close coordination with health facilities for diagnosis and referral of suspected cases of COVID-19.
10. To play an active role in strengthening the coordination among the AKF, local government and communities.
11. To participate in coordination meeting arranged at regional levels by the government authorizes and other stakeholders if required.
15. Respect all AKF policies, rules and regulations and practice accordingly.
16. To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participation in meetings hold at provincial level on regular bases and at national level when requested.
2. Contribute to data collection and analysis of the health issues, especially situation of COVID-19, and provide support for conduct of any assessment.
3. Perform any other job-related duty assigned by the supervisor.
1. Public health ,Midwife and Nursing .
2. 2 years specific experience with working in health related projects at community level.
3. Working Knowledge of English language.
4. Medium computer skill knowledge specific Excel (for preparing of reports).
5. Must be able to travel to the project sites.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
1. Attention to details & Technical Skills.
2. The candidate must have the ability to work with different people and in different working circumstances.
3. Skill of working in a team and as individual.
4. Effective communication and training skills to discuss and negotiate agreements on specific issues with a variety of partners.
5. Good writing skills to drafting the project progress reports and other required documents.
6. Integrative ability & Flexibility.
Afghanistan, Baghlan, Samangan
Interested applicants should submit their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 16th October 2022.
• Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
• No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment (Local residents will be preferred).
• Salary scale: Based on Organization Salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.