- Post Date:September 4, 2022
- Views 85
- Career Level OfficerExperience 4 YearsGender Both
- Industry DevelopmentQualification DiplomaSalary 15000 to 16000
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IRW-BLK-002-2022Location Balkh
About Islamic Releif world wide Afghanistan:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW) is an international non profitable Non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan and qurbani programs.
Community facilitator is the important member of livelihoods team in the field implementation of the projects. He\She will play the role of rapport builder in the community and coordinate all projects’ implementation activities in the community level and make the entrance of the project’s interventions to the target communities through coordination with Community leaders, CDCs, Farmers’ institutions and local government institutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in site selection and selection of farmers based on pre-determined criteria.
- Liaison with the authorities at the district level and strengthen relationship with CDCs and community.
- Represent IRW-A at the community level and pave the way for trust building between the community members and IRW-A/the project.
- Identify and considering of dividers and connector drivers in the target communities to avoid unintended community disputes based on Do No Harm policy.
- Formation of Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and Farmers Associations and utilizing them as a platform to facilitate value-chain and marketing of agricultural products.
- Actively take part in awareness raising of farmers towards utilization of clean energy, disaster risk reduction (DRR) and climate change coping strategies.
- Assist in distribution of agricultural assets and inputs to selected farmers based on transparency and accountably policy of IRw-A.
- Developing & Strengthening relationships with agricultural unions, enterprisers, and other agricultural platforms at the provincial level to facilitate the linkage between the targeted farmers and markets.
- Organization of farmers during technical training sessions, assets/inputs distribution, and other project events at district/village level.
- Any other relevant project activities assigned by project management team.
Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Social Sciences or any other relevant field. Master Degree will be preferred.
At least three to four years of relevant work experience in the field of Community Mobilization, Livelihood Projects, Community Facilitation, Enterprise Development and any other relevant field.
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following link:
The closing date for accepting applications is 08 September 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for written test/interview.
Note: The written test/interview will be on rolling basis due to the urgent need of the position the written test/interview may take place before the closing date of the post/s.