- Post Date:October 10, 2022
- Views 101
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry TelecommunicationQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AD#AF 223/22Location Kabul
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC International is a leading nonprofit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Our approach is grounded in the conviction that people living in vulnerable situations can be agents of change if they are
empowered with the tools, skills, and hope they need to change their lives. We design proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on successfully implemented programmes is applied across 10 countries, touching the lives of over 130 million people, where our models are adapted according to the country’s context.
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
The Communications Manager is responsible for ensuring high quality, innovative and effective organizational communication to ensure capturing, promoting and disseminating best practices of BRAC Afghanistan programs as a part of broader profile building. The job holder will enhance the image of BRAC Afghanistan through building relationship with wide range of stakeholders while maintaining sensitivity and integrity of information, and demonstrate a collaborative approach in developing and leading the Unit. This role has a close relationship with all program and department heads, provincial managers and head office communication team and is reportable to the Country Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure the development and implementation of a flexible and result oriented communications strategy for both external and internal communications.
• Produce high quality annual reports, stories of change , and communications materials.
• Capture and Disseminate knowledge/Best practices from the project/program on a regular basis.
• Conceptualize and organize special events or BRAC Afghanistan inputs to special events, with a view to reaching wider audience; and compile and generate relevant materials.
• Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
• Excellent written and spoken fluency in English.
• Ability to take necessary action/work under pressure.
• Effective time management skills and ability to complete assigned tasks within deadlines.
• Must be a confident communicator and presenter
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally.
• Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
• Superior project management and time management skills.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resource Department, BRAC Afghanistan, Haji Mir Ahmad Street, Baharistan, Karte parewan, Kabul, Afghanistan.
To apply please click on the below: https://www.jobs.af/jobs/communications-manager-18
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply
If you have any difficulties to apply for this job please contact to jobs.af technical team through WhatsApp 0773020100