Communication & Marketing Officer
- Post Date:December 6, 2022
- Views 42
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry Advertising and MarketingQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number ADF-128Location Kabul
About Agricultural Development Fund:
The Agricultural Development Fund (ADF) will act as a second-tier wholesale lending institution that will lend to intermediaries in the agricultural value chain, who will then on-lend to small commercial farmers, defined as farmers with 1-30 hectares. ADF is capitalized by a $100 million grant provided by the United States Government to the Government of the Islamic Republic of
Afghanistan to increase lending to the agriculture sector to create a more competitive agriculture sector through expanded agricultural production and increased incomes for agricultural households. ADF will lend directly and indirectly to banks, non-bank financial institutions, credit unions, microfinance institutions and non-financial intermediaries such as private farmer associations, farm stores, agricultural depots, food processors, agribusinesses and other market participants and informal providers of finance that support the development of agricultural value chains in Afghanistan and can enhance the supply of agricultural credit to the end-borrowers at the farm level. Until it transitions to the Government of Afghanistan in 2014, the ADF is managed by the Agriculture Credit Enhancement (ACE) program a USAID contract.
The Employee will perform duties described in duties and responsibilities section.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create design ideas using computer-based design packages such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Premier, After Effects also effective usage of Cool edit pro or Adobe Audition.
- Produce finished design work and present final designs to ADF.
- Work with design, sketches, models or written instructions to design a material.
- Produce high quality photos and videos using DSLR camera.
- Lead and maintain the ADF online accounts including social media and website.
- Translation proficiency in English, Pashto, and Dari from each other.
- Skills in web development, coding, and design (Dynamic).
- Create, update and maintain communications & media content for ADF, which promotes and increases the awareness about the good work and the achievements of the ADF.
- Facilitate, develop, and maintain strong and ongoing relationships with the journalists from the print, radio, online, and television media in Kabul and provinces.
- Prepare press releases to disseminate information to the media on ADF’s activities.
- Facilitate broadcast/telecast of important events/activities of the ADF to the stakeholders and general public on a regular basis.
- Lead the production of high-quality communications and publicity material for the dissemination of information about the ADF, including production of brochures, fact sheets, posters, videos and other multi-media products.
- Coordinate and manage events including the meetings of the High Council, high profile media events, etc.
- Develop and maintain ADF website in 3 languages and other social media channels like the Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Collaborate/work with and mentor/guide the designated staff of the ADF for the future maintenance of the website and other media channels.
- Keeping close liaison with key stakeholders.
- Arrangement of Ag Shuras, participation in events of other projects and keeping close relation with MAIL.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, Business Administration, Journalism
- Over 5 years of experience in the field of communication and Public Relations
- Excellent command of spoken and written languages: English, Dari & Pashto languages
- Ability to write in a variety of styles to appeal to different audiences.
- Events management skills.
- Knowledge of graphic design software.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in writing and editing.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated success in implementing strong communication campaigns
- Thorough knowledge of media operations.
- Experience with web design, publication, and graphic design.
- Extensive knowledge of social media and emerging communication platforms.
- Competencies in desktop publishing skills and graphic production and design (Experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Experience with gathering and editing video.
- Ability to adapt to emerging technologies.
- Possess problem solving skills and reasoning ability.
All interested qualified applicants are encouraged to send their CV and Cover Letter indicating the position title and vacancy number (ADF- 128 ) in the subject line before the closing date to the below email address.