- Post Date:October 13, 2022
- Views 63
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry DevelopmentQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary 1600 - 1700 USD monthly
- Number of Opportunities 3Vacancy Number 0534Location Kabul
About Moore Afghanistan :
At Moore, our purpose is to help people thrive – our clients, our people and the communities they live and work in. We’re a global accounting and advisory family of over 30,000 people across more than 260 independent firms and 110 countries, connecting and collaborating to take care of your needs – local, national and international. When you work with Moore firms, you’ll work with people who care deeply about your success and who have the drive and dedication to deliver results for you and your business. You’ll have greater access to senior expertise than with many firms. We’ll be here for you whenever you need us – to help you see through the maze of information, to guide you in your decisions and to make sure you take advantage of every opportunity. To help you thrive in a changing world.
About your organization:
Since 2009, Afghanistan Holding Group has provided professional business services including taxation, payroll, training, management consulting, research, and M&E services. AHG employs over 180 full-time, highly qualified Afghans in Kabul, calling on an additional pool of over 800 professionals across all 34 provinces for specific short-term support. We strive to serve our clients with the highest levels of efficiency, integrity, and accountability.
UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet. UNDP has been working in Afghanistan for more than 50 years on climate change and resilience, gender, governance, health, livelihoods, and rule of law. Under the broader framework of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and in close coordination with other UN agencies, UNDP is supporting Afghan people’s aspiration for peace, prosperity, and sustainability. UNDP is currently implementing its flagship crisis response programme, ABADEI (Area Based Approach to Development Emergency Initiatives), as part of the ongoing UN-led response to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe and the breakdown of Afghanistan’s economy following the August 2021 shift in power.
The ABADEI Strategy is a tailored area-based integrated programming approach to support basic human needs, complementing short-term humanitarian life-saving assistance with the safeguarding of livelihoods and the strengthening of community resilience. It is centered around addressing worsening poverty and vulnerability, supporting community resilience and social cohesion, addressing climatic vulnerability and enabling the rehabilitation of small-scale infrastructure vital for basic human needs. It supports the creation of immediate sources of income through vocational skills training, cash-for-work, cash for market, small businesses and livelihood opportunities with particular focus on agri-business and regenerative agriculture infrastructure and services (critical for food security) that are under threat. It is sensitive to the chronic and newly emerging vulnerabilities of Afghan women and girls and aims at providing them assistance in a manner that does not exacerbate their susceptibility to violence and deprivation of opportunities and rights.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Objective of the assignment:
Under the direct supervision of ABADEI Programme Manager and matrix management with the Communication Specialist of the Parterships and Communication Unit, the Communication Associate will undertake the following tasks:
1) Collect and compile/ support collection and compilation of regular auto visual and narrative content including success stories that promotes UNDP Afghanistan’s work in the global platforms
2) Liaise and collaborate with partners’ communication focal points in the AoR on joint messaging and further amplification
3) Act as the front line of monitoring and support to ABADEI partners’ communication planning and visibility drafts
4) Undertake missions and support field trips with media and donor visits
5) Support campaigns, events and other initiatives in line with UNDP Afghanistan’s strategic Communication objectives such as International Days and International volunteer day.
6) Support drafting posts/tweets sheets in English, Pashto, Dari on a regular basis to ensure frequent updates for ABADEI on Twitter and Instagram accounts.
7) Follow-up with the ABADEI Area Managers on the most recent and cleared updates from the field and provide inputs that are relevant to the UNDP Communication unit.
8) Plan, draft and prepare press releases that are relevant to the AoR
9) Monitor media and repackage content for redistribution that are relevant to the AoR
10) Demonstrate good skills in video-editing to respond to urgent and ad-hoc changes in videos products. Facilitate content updates to UNDP Afghanistan’s online platforms.
11) Demonstrate good capacity in designing infographics and information visual content for social media, website and other publications.
12) Demonstrate good skills in photography and photo-editing skills
13) Maintain project photo database, in CO SharePoint and UNDP Afghanistan’s online platforms, using a systematic approach while ensuring the accessibility and diversity of project photos.
14) Translate between English, Pashto, Dari and other local languages of the AoR for an ad-hoc small-scale publications (including social media clippings) and meetings
15) Conduct capacity building of partners in terms of ensuring proper UNDP, ABADEI and donor visibility in all media content
16) Regular updates and monitoring on the AoR’s communication plan and implementation of activities.
Experience and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Journalism, Media, Mass Communication social sciences or related field
Experience and Skills:
• At least 3-5 years of experience working with Afghan CSOs is required
• Demonstrated extensive experience in working with grassroots organization, media and civil society is required
• Proficiency in written and spoken English
• Fluency in written and spoken Pashto/Dari
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
• Female candidates are encouraged to apply
• Strong information management and data entry skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Teamwork skills, including listening skills, assertive communication and respecting others.
• Displays sensitivity and adaptability to different cultures, genders, religions, races, nationalities, and age groups.
• Good team player, self-starter, has ability to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships.
Proficiency in written and spoken English and fluency in the national languages (Dari and Pashto).
Payment: Monthly basis
Duration of the assignment: (October – December 2022)
Duty station: Kabul Afghanistan, with Travel to Provinces
Qualified candidates can apply through Jobs.af (Apply Now) and fill their details as per our organization requirement
AHG careers link is attached for your review: