Child Protection Officer (Re Announced)
- Post Date:August 29, 2022
- Views 39
- Career Level OfficerExperience 4 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number CPO-MPO-001Location Daykundi
About Movement for Protection Organization(MPO):
Movement for protection Organization – MPO is an Afghan National, Non-profitable, non-political, non-governmental civil society organization established in 2007, registered with the Ministry of Economy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan as registration # 1016. MPO is working for protection and emergency response education, livelihood and economic development advocacy and peace building.
MPO is implementing a Community-based child Protection project in Central Highlands ( Daykondi ) province of Afghanistan. The Project component aims to address pressing protection concerns of returnee and IDP children (children on the move) and also vulnerable children from host communities, and aligns with the strategic priorities of the Afghan Government and Humanitarian agencies, mainly focus on the child protection issues by strengthening and establishment community based protection mechanism and structures, promote Volunteerism and support.
- Provide technical support to the Community Mobilizers for the proper implementation of child protection Project in community level.
- Manage and supervise all logistical requirements for the implementation of community based activities of the project.
- Identify and support in the professional capacity building of the community mobilizers and community volunteers as well as stakeholders in the project locations.
- Coordinate with stakeholders and communities in district and provincial level for organization and implementation of protection activities.
- Monitor the project activities, document evidence of positive change and challenges, and incorporate the evidence into reports and documentation.
- Prepare reports with statistical and narrative information on the implemented project activities for supervisors.
- Mobilize required resources for activities and monitor their dispersal and use.
- Organize regular staff meetings, and ensure effective communication within the project and between other sectors.
- Support the legal team of the project on the protection measures, legal assistance and legal conciliations in the project locations.
- Plan and conduction of community groups meeting regularly and productively, according to an agenda with follow-up points.
- A number of CBCPM and Shuras established and are active in the target area.
- A number of volunteers identified and trained in each of the target areas.
- A number of para legal volunteers identified and trained in each community in the province.
- Active participation in writing of monthly/quarterly report.
- Timely presentation of project activities to the stakeholders meeting
- Oversee the productive use of community groups’ meeting time, and ensure effective communication with all community, local government and other stakeholders in Daykondi .
- Identify child protection issues in the communities and report them to the program unit for feedback and ensure all the different thematic areas of protection are aligned and integrated in the project.
- Provide support to project manager in all relevant tasks and activities including developments of monthly plan and reports.
- Supervision the community level staff on all the relevant activities
- Coordinating and communication project level information to the key stakeholders in the province
- Reporting the entire project implementation progress and monthly achievements to the PM
- Establish and support CFSs and regularly visit the centers for quality implementation
- Conduct mapping of the service provider for referrals, Case management and onward referral in certain cases
- Organize service providers monthly network and coordination meetings;
- Monitoring of community based activities and overall progress made toward the desired objectives
- Guide and leading the community based team for all l activities in the province
- Planning and organizing campaigns for social, psychosocial and economical reintegration of the children of concerns in the province
- Training community volunteers in community-based reintegration approaches
- Leading the facilitation of community resource persons and community campaigns in the province
- Other duties and responsibilities part of the project and requiring by the project manager
Interested qualified male and female candidates should submit their Application along with motivation letter and CV specifying the Vacancy Number and job title only in the subject of your emails to the MPO human resource Unit in Kabul. Your application shall be online to [email protected] Academic documents are not needed with application, but can be requested if called for interview. Only short-listed candidates will be informed for written test and interview. Interested females are encouraged to apply.