Chief Risk Officer
- Post Date:September 16, 2022
- Views 66
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry BankingQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AUB/HR/022-019Location Kabul
About Afghan United Bank:
Afghan United Bank is a local bank, licensed by the Afghanistan Central Bank in 2007. Currently this bank has 10 branches across the country. The bank provides various banking products to its clients and customers including Islamic Banking. For more information please visit our website: www.afghanunitedbank.com
The Chief Risk Officer ensure building a risk monitoring systems complying requirements to identify, assess, review and mitigation of Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Liquidity & Market risk factors. Also Contribute to the strategic direction of the Bank through the development and implementation of suitable Risk Management strategies, Frameworks, models, policies and procedures.
The CRO ensure development of comprehensive processes for assessing, identifying and mitigating pertinent potential risks encountered in regular course of business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. The position is involved to identify, assess, review and mitigate Credit, Market, Operational and Liquidity risks in the Bank and ensure development of a comprehensive Risk Management Policy of the Bank.
2. To ensure Establishment of Credit Rating system in the Bank.
3. To ensure constitution of Credit Risk Management Committee and its functioning with meetings at periodical intervals.
4. To ensure constitution of Operational Risk Management Committee and its functioning with meetings at periodical intervals.
5. Set objectives for measuring, monitoring, evaluating and mitigating the risk exposure of the bank and ensure that they are reported in a timely manner to Risk Management Committee of the Bank.
6. Supervising the Risk Management department in delivering high quality and professional service to the Bank.
7. Review of Single individual exposure, large exposure, sectorial exposures and update of status to BOS Risk Committee.
8. To ensure drafting the risk policy of the bank to be approved by Risk Management Committee of the board.
9. To ensure preparation of annual work plan for the department with details of tasks and timelines.
10. To ensure developing risk identification and risk reporting formats for the department.
11. To ensure establishment of tools to identify, assess, measure and mitigate the overall risks of the bank with reporting to Risk Management Committee.
12. To ensure to put in place operating procedure for the risk management department that covers all the sections and monitors the functioning of the department in line with operating procedure.
13. To oversee, monitor, and control daily works of risk management department.
14. To ensure developing and implement models that tracks the liquidity position of the bank and movement in the liquidity position and update the bank liquidity and foreign exchange positions to RMC of Board in comparison with the regulatory requirement.
15. To ensure credit risk of the bank is properly assessed, measured, monitored and reported at periodical intervals to RMC.
16. To ensure operational risk of the bank is properly assessed, measured, monitored and reported to RMC.
17. To ensure exchange rate risk of the bank is properly assessed, measured, monitored and reported to RMC of the Board.
18. To ensure market risk of the bank is properly assessed.
19. To review the bank loan and investment portfolio and suggest preventive risk measures for diversifying the portfolios of the bank.
20. To ensure conducting stress testing and scenario analysis.
21. To attend and administer meetings of risk management committee
22. To perform any specific task assigned by Risk Management Committee of board of supervisors.
23. To ensure development of dynamic monitoring procedures/systems for effective functioning of Risk Management Department.
24. To ensure coordination with other departments of the Bank in Risk identification, measurement, and mitigation.
25. To ensure conducting Risk assessment of Head office departments & Branches and present reports to relevant committees.
- Master degree in Banking or financial field.
- Having + 5 years’ experience in the Risk Management field with four years at supervisory & management level in a mid- or large size commercial bank or financial institution.
- Having Risk related Certificates from credible institutions
- Considerable knowledge of modern regulations and practices related to Risk Management including Basel I & Basel II.
- Knowledge and understanding of Afghan Central Bank’s and other regulator authorities’ directives in relation to Risk Management field.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Risk Management practices including policy/procedure development.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze comprehensive reports.
- Excellent communication, organizational and managerial skills.
- Having high ethical standards and integrity in both personal and professional dealings.
Interested candidates who deem themselves suitable for this position can submit their application (CV, Cover Letter, and recent photo) electronically to bellow mention email and cc the email to [email protected]. Please include position and vacancy number in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlist candidates will be invited for test & interview.