Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Post Date:December 7, 2022
- Views 23
- Career Level OfficerExperience 8 Years +Gender Both
- Industry FinanceQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 0242/MutahidLocation Kabul
About Mutahid Development Finance Institution :
About Mutahid Development Finance Institution
Mutahid Development Finance Institution is A wholly owned subsidiary of the Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA), The Apex microfinance agency in the country, was established in April 2011 in an effort to create one larger, stronger and sustainable, best practice MFI based on the core principles of ethics, ideas, and hard work by initially transferring good clients, quality staff and loan portfolio of several MFIs which were exiting the Afghan microfinance sector.
Mutahid Currently employs about 300 staff, serving nearly 10,000 clients. Mutahid currently operates through fourteen branches in more than 10 provinces of Afghanistan. Mutahid is transforming to a fully Sharia-compliant financial institutions and currently offers Murabah financing. It is also a pioneer in the country in terms of the usage of digital financial services.
Mutahid is looking for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) with practical experience of leading the operations of a financial institution and preferably with a track record of turning around an MFI.
The staff will be based in Kabul city, Kabul. Afghanistan. He/She will travel to provinces on an as need basis.
The COO will report to the CEO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the CEO and in line with the strategy defined by the Board, the COO is responsible for driving the development of Mutahid’s operations in a sustainable and responsible manner. His/her responsibilities include:
· Contributing to the definition of Mutahid’s commercial strategy (clients/products/ channels) and taking responsibility for its successful implementation.
· Setting commercial objectives per product and per branch; monitoring performances; and proposing and implementing actions to address gaps.
· Working closely with support functions at Head Office, and in particular HR, IT and Logistics, to make sure that the branch network has all the resources needed (well-trained staff, adequate IT and logistics infrastructure) to achieve its commercial objectives.
· Driving the development and roll-out of new products/services and delivery channels and coordinating work of various departments/units involved.
· Designing, disseminating and updating product and service-related policies, guidelines, processes, and procedures in order to maximize efficiency while maintaining a strong control environment.
· Participating in credit decision-making processes according to his/her level of delegation.
· Contributing to professional development of staff in the company and their adhesion to Mutahid’s values, through intense coaching, training and communication.
The COO reports directly to the CEO and is a member of the Management Committee. He/she has direct management responsibility over 250 employees at head-office and branches.
· Master’s degree in Management/Banking/Finance or any other relevant discipline.
· At least 10 years experience in a microfinance institution or SME Bank in a senior management position in Operations, Sales or Business Development. The experience and knowledge of Islamic finance will be a plus point.
· Successful experience in a developing/emerging country, ideally in South Asia or Central Asia, preferably within an international group.
· Excellent command of cash-flow based lending to MSMEs. Experience in branchless banking will be an added advantage.
· Fluency in English required; Dari and Pashto will be an asset.
· High integrity level and strong leadership skills with capacity to build employee’s engagement and to develop employee’s potential.
· A team player who works efficiently with the other managers/staff of the company.
· Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and result-oriented.
· Project management skills.
· Stress resistant and resilient.
The application package, only acceptable in English language, should comprise up-to-date resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position, salary and benefits expectations, and the earliest joining date if selected.
Interest candidates should submit their applications package only by email with the subject vacancy – Chief Operating Officer to [email protected] due to the expected large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.