Central Banking Advisor
- Post Date:October 31, 2022
- Views 41
- Career Level OfficerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry BankingQualification Master’s DegreeSalary 2900 - 3000 USD monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 0537Location Kabul
About Moore Afghanistan :
At Moore, our purpose is to help people thrive – our clients, our people and the communities they live and work in. We’re a global accounting and advisory family of over 30,000 people across more than 260 independent firms and 110 countries, connecting and collaborating to take care of your needs – local, national and international. When you work with Moore firms, you’ll work with people who care deeply about your success and who have the drive and dedication to deliver results for you and your business. You’ll have greater access to senior expertise than with many firms. We’ll be here for you whenever you need us – to help you see through the maze of information, to guide you in your decisions and to make sure you take advantage of every opportunity. To help you thrive in a changing world.
The national consultant (Central Banking Advisor) is expected to provide high quality technical advice on monetary policy issues, macro-financial management, and overall central banking operations within the limits of the new realities in Afghanistan. The Central Banking Advisor will also be required to facilitate, within the purview of the limited and unofficial engagement, implementation of relevant DAB priorities and conduct thematic analyses of macroeconomic policies and trends in Afghanistan and will produce and present policy notes and briefs to UNDP Policy Unit and contribute to working and economic papers on Afghanistan development issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The UNDP Afghanistan aims to review and highlight central banking barriers and explore innovative solutions to these challenges in order to re-activate the role of central banking in macro-financial management of the economy and spur private sector recovery. Toward this end, the UNDP is hiring a Central Banking Advisor who will be responsible for:
• Providing policy advice and technical assistance to UNDP on macro-financial analyses, financial markets, and banking system supervision and regulations including Islamic banking.
• Undertaking a review of the Islamic banking experiences in other countries and providing lessons learned and recommendations for use in Afghanistan context
• Delivering short seminars/lectures on basic central banking, monetary and exchange rate policies for the select audience and beneficiaries for the purposes of capacity building, whenever needed.
• Reviewing the current policies and regulations and provides practical recommendations for improved central banking
• Assisting UNDP to engage the banking sector including possibly technical DAB and other banks’ personnel to develop a common understanding of the challenges currently facing the banking sector of Afghanistan and explore innovative ways to address these challenges.
• Collecting and analyzing macro-financial data
• Preparing ad-hoc policy briefs, research papers as needed
• Knowledge/experience of monetary policy, monetary policy operations and instruments, foreign exchange operations, exchange rate regimes, and foreign exchange regulations,
• Knowledge of statistical analysis and quantitative methods
• Knowledge of Afghan banking system and regulations,
• Knowledge of Afghanistan macroeconomic conditions and financial system,
• Experience at the DAB is preferred.
• Excellent written and oral English skills a necessary requirement.
• Excellent spoken and verbal skills of Pashto and/or Dari languages required.
• Corporate Responsibility & Direction:
o Serves and promotes the vision, mission, values, and strategic goals of the UNDP & Stakeholders.
o Managing for Results:
o Plans and prioritizes work activities to meet the goals set by the Supervisor;
o Strategic approach to problem solving.
• Partnering & Networking:
o Builds and sustains relationships with key constituents (internal/external/bilateral/ multilateral/public/private/academia/civil society);
o Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside of Afghanistan and UNDP;
o Demonstrates ability to handle working relationships with senior officials, academics and technical experts.
• Innovation & Judgment:
o Conceptualizes and analyses problems to identify key issues, underlying problems, and how they relate;
o Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations;
o Devises new systems and processes, and modifies existing ones, to support innovative behaviors.
o Demonstrates outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
At least 5 years of progressive experience in Monetary Policy Design, Execution or Monitoring or Macroeconomic research with a focus on public finance management, macro-fiscal management or any other related fields.
Qualified candidates should submit their details, Resume and Cover Letter through our AHG portal linked with Jobs.af and copied below: