- Post Date:September 10, 2022
- Views 58
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Male
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AADA 6873Location Herat
Agency for Assistance and Development of Afghanistan (AADA) is an Afghan non-profit non-governmental organization working for the development of Afghanistan mainly through (1) provision of quality health services; (2) community development; (3) training and capacity building at professional and community levels; and (4) research in topics of public health and social sciences besides various projects in different parts of Afghanistan
The CDC/lab (Communicable Disease Control /Laboratory Officer) must be MD diploma holder. Should have at least 2 years experiences of Communicable Disease control programs with BPHS/EPHS projects. To have ability for the implementation and use of Communicable Disease component in project Health Facilities. To have ability to provide trainings to the project supervisors.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the planning, organizing and implementation of CDC/lab department activities in close coordination with line supervisor.
- To ensure from printing, packing and distribution of CDC/lab formats, guidelines and tools to the health facilities
- To assist HFs staff in the planning and implementing of program.
- To be fully aware from responsibilities of MOPH (GCMU, PPHD, and technical departments) and AADA toward project implementation.
- To provide quality and timely reports to his/her supervisor.
- To ensure that all relevant department staff are aware from project work schedule (as approved in the contract) and updates his/her supervisor on monthly basis.
- To ensure that relevant department/HF staff understand the standard operation manual (AADA and MOPH) for implementation of pay for payment process.
- To ensure that progress against project key indicators are updated on monthly base at provincial office and HFs.
- To closely monitor the performance of project key indicators versus set targets on monthly basis and makes sure effective action plans are developed to achieve project targets both at provincial office and HF level.
- To ensure that the activities and meets MINIMUM STANDARDS of project.
- To ensure that BSC checklist is implemented in his/her related each HF one time in two months/ HF and NMC once per quarter per HF.
- To ensure that HMIS verification checklist is implemented once per month per HF.
- To establish/maintain easy to access and meaningful filing system and record keeping.
- To establish/maintain tracking system of main activities to systematically measure the progress.
- To perform supervisory visit from Health Facilities at least 10-12 times/month.
- To collect, analyze and interpret the CDC data/information regularly basis.
- To coordinate and share his/her findings and recommendations with the project team.
- To ensure that all HF’s Labs are staffed, equipped and supplied with the necessary lab materials timely as per BPHS/EPHS standards.
- To be responsible for capacity building (via on the job training or designing specific trainings) for HFs staff on CDC activities.
- To be responsible for quality management of TB related activities in project level.
- To be responsible for managing of Malaria, Leishmaniosis activity and provision of anti-rabies vaccines to HFs where needed.
- To provide and submit on time mission/activity reports to his/her line supervisor on daily/ weekly base (written document or e-mail).
- To ensure that each HF under his/her supervisory is visited at least one per month.
- To perform any other official task assigned by line supervisor and Head Quarter team.
- Graduate from recognize Medical college (MD)
- At least 3 years of experience in related field is required.
- Fluency in Dari/Pashto and working knowledge of English language
- Administrative, management and organizational skills, including time management required.
- Proficiency in computer applications and presentation skills are essential: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and other etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel extensively in the field
Interested eligible individuals are invited to submit their CVs and applications, clearly indicating the Title of position and Location in which they want to apply in the subject line of their email through e-mail address shown below.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test and interview. Your e-mail must depict the vacancy title and Location; else otherwise the CV will not be entertaine.
for more details communicate us via below contact number: 0785969600