- Post Date:November 18, 2022
- Views 11
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Associate DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 2Vacancy Number OPHCD-2022-035Location Helmand Oruzgan
Organization for Promotion of Health & Community Development (OPHCD) is a nongovernmental, non-political and independent organization. OPHCD has been established in 2017 and registered with the NGOs Department of the Ministry of Economy of the with license # 4160 as well as registered with the Ministry of Public Health of the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan with the registration #762. In addition, the organization has membership of Afghanistan National Health cluster, Afghanistan National Nutrition Cluster and ACBAR. OPHCD, as a non-governmental organization striving for well-being of the people through promotion of health, education, WASH, protection and human right, economic stability and sustainable development of the communities with focus on the women and children, drugs users, IDPs and other marginalized group of the society with an equitable manner.
Main duties and responsibilities:
CBHC officer is reportable to Provincial project manager and following are the main responsibility of the position:
- Coordinate CBHC related activities with the BPHS NGO working in the concerned province.
- Conducted detailed mapping of the available active HPs functional in the catchment areas of the OPHCD managed SHCs.
- Train and capacitate “Community Outreach worker”, working in the HFs for supporting and supervision of the HPs and CHWs functional in their catchment area.
- Conduct TNA of the available CHWs (community health workers) working in the HPs functional in the catchment areas of the OPHCD managed SHCs.
- Plan and conduct initial and refresher trainings courses for CHWs according to accepted methodologies and CHWs training curriculum.
- Regularly supervision performance of the “Community Outreach worker” at the HFs and community level
- Conduct supervision of the HPs and CHWs functional in the catchment areas of OPHCD managed HFs.
- Facilitate and contribute development of CHWs incentivization guideline.
- Follow-up implementation of CHWs incentivization guideline at the project level and collecting, analyzing and submitting CHWs performance reports-mostly based on number of referral cases-to the project office for payment cash and in-kind incentives to the CHWs.
- Perform random visits of health posts to do follow-up trainings, to assess need for and implement on job trainings and redesign future trainings for CHWs. assisting in resolving conflicts, challenges and particular health issues, reaching remote health posts and reporting.
- Assist in the selection of CHWs for external trainings or conferences as appropriate.
- Assist in implementing a CHW award and recognition system for excellent performance and contributions. This may include coordinating invitations to observe and assist at health facilities, basic renovations to a health post, write-ups for publication, etc.
- Participate in and contribute at bi-annual meetings with CHSs, CHWs and Heads of Facilities for improvement of CHWs’ activities.
- Perform other duties assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Reporting to the PM regarding the activities.
- MD or certified mid-level health worker (preferable).
- Attended CBHC/CHS ToT trainings.
- Attended and conducted CHWs initial and refresher trainings.
- At least 3-5 year work experience as CBHC officer with BPHS/EPHS NGOs.
- Having strong training facilitation and interpersonal communications skills.
- Having community-level work experience and skills.
- Fluent in Pashto and Dari and mid-level understanding of English with excellent speaking and writing skills.
- Proficient computing skills including word processing, spreadsheet design and PPT presentation.
Other skills required:
- Efficiency, result-oriented and excellent management capabilities;
- Capacity to perform effectively under pressure and harsh conditions; ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner;
- Excellent capacity development and teamwork skills; cross-cultural and gender sensitivity;
- Ability to travel throughout the country
The interested candidates should submit their application letter with CV and with three references.
Please Mention the announced position vacancy number proviance you have applied in the email subject please like (apply for OPHCD-2002-0000 Position), Via Email: [email protected]
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted