Business Development Manager
- Post Date:October 12, 2022
- Views 49
- Career Level ManagerExperience 8 Years +Gender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number FMFB-HR-0102-2022Location Kabul
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan.
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) started its operation in 2004 and is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has financial institutions operating in over 15 countries throughout the developing world. It is affiliated with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of nine development agencies working in health, education, culture and rural economic development primarily in Asia and Africa.
Our primary objective in Afghanistan is to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services to the poor and underserved. Since 2016, we are a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) – an independent network of the banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values- based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
FMFB-A sought to consolidate its position as Afghanistan’s leading financial service provider. As of December 2021, FMFB-A with over AFN 4 billion (61% market share) is the market leader in terms of Portfolio. The bank has over 230,000 active clients – including the borrowers and savers who do not necessarily save to accumulate assets but often seek to smooth consumption when a family’s income is irregular.
The Business Development Manager is an integral part of the Business Development and Marketing (BDM). The Business Development Manager will oversee all aspects of the business development process and ensure close coordination and collaboration with the Practice Head of Business Development and key stakeholders. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for overseeing of all grant-based stuff from the inception to the closure of the project. The incumbent will be responsible to write concept paper, proposal for acquiring on-lending funds and grants aiming to fill possible funding gaps.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify new business opportunities to achieve target for business under FMFB-A business divisions.
- Provides management and support for new business pipeline development, in consultation with head of Business Development and other key stakeholders.
- Support the retention of existing business and pursue leads to expand the current client portfolio.
- Establish effective working relationships with business and agency leadership to ensure that our products and services are implemented through marketing demand generation programs.
- Develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives
- Drive campaign management for client acquisition programs across multiple channels
- Support senior management to deliver a high-quality business development culture within the FMFB-A team in an aim to deliver superior client solutions.
- Direct the bank sales activities in a relatively autonomous manner, keeping senior management informed of matters of significance and making strategic/tactical recommendations.
- Develop the business cases for new business to stimulate revenues and present to the stakeholders.
- Writing proposals and concept note for acquiring on-lending funds and grants aiming to fill possible funding gaps
- Develop the TOR for the consultancy or consultant in line with FMFB-A grant management policy.
- Regularly track the progress and performance of grant-based projects and prepare required progress and completion report.
- Prepare grants agreement, contract amendment, and modifications whenever required and secure required approval from the stakeholders
- Prepare meeting minutes of the technical evaluation committee and other relevant meetings and circulate in timely manner to members for their review and inputs.
- Maintain a proper filing system that keep the records all relevant documents, reports, invoice for future reference audit reference.
- Conduct various interviews, including win/loss and post-engagement client interviews/surveys to identify trends and make necessary recommendations
- Carrying out research and analysis, including demand surveys and customer satisfaction. This includes experience of conducting qualitative and quantitative, analysis, focus groups and interviews.
- At least 5- 10 years of experience in related field, preferably
- with banking industry/ international and/or private sector organizations.
- Bachelor Degree in business and economy.
- Strong commitment for business growth with strong influencing, persuading and project management skill.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skill with sufficient business acumen & marketing sense.
- Proficient in verbal and written English and Cantonese.
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter via email ([email protected]).
Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy ID and the location of position as the subject line.
Note that, only the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position will be shortlisted.