Business Development Associate
- Post Date:August 26, 2022
- Views 52
- Career Level OthersExperience 4 YearsGender Both
- Industry DevelopmentQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Location Kabul
Lapis is a full-service strategic communications agency, headquartered in United Arab Emirates with reach across Middle East, North Africa and Asia. Lapis is part of Moby Group which is established in 2004. Moby Group has advanced the media industry in a number of emerging and frontier markets extending from Central Asia to Middle East and beyond. Moby Group employs over 1000 professionals to deliver its content-driven audience building strategy across 17 businesses and 7 markets, reaching over 450 million people through its activities in broadcasting, productions, publishing, sports and research.
We utilize our extensive resources in media and broadcast, our global network of influencers and thematic experts, and practitioners in international development and marketing communications. Lapis with over ten years of experience in the country, has the biggest communications platform with broad experience of working with different institutions inside and outside Afghanistan. Lapis has implemented communication projects of different size and scope in the fields of development, agriculture, education, peacebuilding and etc. Its thematic expertise in the field of communications is civil society development, countering violent extremism, economic development, elections, gender equality, governance, migration, peacebuilding and humanitarian crises.
The Business Development Associate is expected to be a resourceful team player who uses critical thinking and analytical skills to identify, create and deliver innovative communication solutions. Other duties include market research, developing business strategies and pitches, managing accounts, and identifying new business opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conducting comprehensive industry analysis to identify new opportunities.
• Sourcing and collecting key data points to build industry insights and help inform the business development strategies.
• Provide insight and assist in developing strategic and innovative solutions to client briefs in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Proactively seek out and engage new potential clients to develop new business initiatives.
• Manage workplans and preparation process for responding RFPs/EOIs, RFIs and CNs.
• Arrange and participate in meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
• Maintain intimate familiarity with potential partner networks, broadcasters, and production companies.
• Working closely with staff across MOBY departments to implement growth strategies.
• Drafting proposals, business plans/pitches, presentations, reference material, and other documents as required.
• Assist the team to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines as envisioned in the business development process.
• Build the Lapis brand through conferences, speaking engagements, and the publication of case studies, papers, and online content.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, communication or any relevant field. MA is preferred.
• 3–5 years of professional experience, including a minimum of 2 years in business development
• Proficiency in English is required (written and spoken)
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment, with attention to detail in prospecting client’s requirement
• Superior interpersonal skills across cultures, both remotely and in-person
• Intense intellectual curiosity combined with sound strategic judgment and analytical ability
• Excellent written and oral communication abilities
• A strong commitment to developing novel and realistic solutions to complex problems
• A thorough understanding of the target market’s socio-political landscape is required
• Demonstrated knowledge of donors and the global funding environment preferred
Interested candidates should send their resumes via e-mail.
Clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position, vacancy announcement, and applications received after the closing date will not be considered.