Blood Bank Support Officer
- Post Date:November 13, 2022
- Views 20
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number WHOAFG- 2022-11-111Location Paktya
About World Health Organization:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the technical and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership in global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical and implementation support and monitoring and assessing health trends. In Afghanistan, WHO works to improve the health and well-being of all Afghans by preventing and reducing mortality, morbidity and disability and strengthening health services in close coordination with national and international partners.
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective (Overview of the programme):
– WHO/WHE have plan to straightening blood banks activities in SE. Region in 4 major hospitals (Khost PH, Paktya RH, Paktika PH and Ghazni PH). This position is created for employment of a Talented blood bank technician who will be able to supervise these blood banks.
Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on the intricacy and difficulty of working environment):
Duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. – Ensure to conducting training sessions with new staff members to ensure that they are comfortable with their responsibilities and know proper safety procedures
2. To ensure Execution of policies, procedures & standards in blood bank/blood transfusion services
3. To ensure managing and administering inventory of all blood products including plasma, platelets, and red blood cells
4. Contribute to Develop & implement of curriculum for blood bank/transfusion medicine.
5. Contribute to development training program for lab/clinical staff on quality system in blood bank/ blood transfusion services.
6. Establishing donor eligibility criteria, including health requirements and screening tests for infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS
7. Ensuring that all staff members are properly trained on proper procedures for collecting, storing, and transfusing blood products to patients
8. Identify donors having risk factors.
9. To ensure overseeing the testing of blood samples to ensure that they meet safety guidelines for transfusion
10. To ensure history is taken and perform physical examination of the donors.
11. Ensuring that all equipment is functioning properly to maintain the safety of staff and patients.
12. Coordinating with other departments to ensure that donations meet the needs of patients
13. Developing procedures and protocols for blood bank employees to follow during each step in the blood donation process.
14. To do data entry and analysis of the blood bank data in DHIS2.
15. Any other task as assigned by Head of the department Pathology/ supervisor.
• 1) Blood bank support officer are typically required to have a bachelor’s degree in the mention field or a health-related field.
• Trained in Blood bank activities (Blood bank Technician)
• 2-year experience in Blood Bank or blood Transfusion in a healthcare facility.
• Excellent communication skills in written & spoken Dari, Pashto and English.
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
Technique of Blood bank
Essential: Completion of bachelors education; training in Blood bank and or technical courses in a field related to the work performed.
Desirable: Bachelor degree in blood bank or other related field is an asset.
Essential: 3-5 years of related experience in accounting and/or administrative work.
Desirable: Relevant experience in NGOs
Languages: Very good knowledge of English and the local language.
– Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
– Knowledge of ERP/Oracle applications is an asset
Screening of the candidates;
Short List – Further shortlist shall be done base on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
Interested applicants (Afghan National) meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG- 2022-11-111) along with their curriculum vitae, copy of National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email:
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
WHO is a smoke free environment?