Assistant PMER (Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting)
- Post Date:October 4, 2022
- Views 57
- Career Level ManagerExperience 4 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number Assistant PMER (Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting)Location Kabul
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a network of 192-member National Societies. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” The IFRC works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises.
The IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), together with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The work of the IFRC is guided by the following fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
The IFRC is led by its Secretary General, and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy and Corporate Services.
The IFRC has five regional offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. The IFRC also has country cluster delegation and country delegations throughout the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure (regional, cluster and country) comprise the IFRC Secretariat.
The Afghanistan country delegation supports Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS) capacity building and programme implementation guided by the ARCS established strategic plan in the areas of health, disaster risk management, food security and livelihoods, social outreach, organizational development, and COVID-19 pandemic operations.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Officer, PMER (Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting), the Assistant PMER will be responsible in providing support to the Quality and Accountability team (Q&A) in terms of data collection, data entry, data analysis, preparing initial draft of various reports, translation of ARCS reports to IFRC reporting structure, and compiling various M&E reports into one cumulative report for donors’ submission. Besides, the incumbent will be providing technical support to technical units (Disaster Risk Management, Health/WASH unit and ARCS PMER) in reporting which may include narrative reporting and analysis. The person will also be supporting the mainstreaming of Protection, Gender and Inclusion as well as Community Engagement and Accountability in all programming.
The position will promote the awareness of and adherence to appropriate IFRC strategies and standards, integrated and participatory approaches to programming, cross cutting issues, good practice and lessons learnt. The Assistant PMER will work with both the programme and operation staff of IFRC and shall be closely engaged with ARCS PMER staff to ensure accountability, transparency, and timely reporting to donors and for stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The key accountabilities and responsibilities of the Assistant PMER will include but not limited to the followings.
- The Assistant PMER will support the Q&A team in data collection, data verification, reports writing, indicator tracking and maintain different programme implementation records.
- Assist Program teams in developing mechanisms useful for regular monitoring of the projects
- Support ARCS PMER activities using a range of quantitative and qualitative methods and various participatory methodologies to monitor performance.
- Assist the quality and accountability team in the facilitation and conduction of any capacity building workshop or lesson learned workshop for the ARCS team.
Reporting and data management
- Collect the data from ARCS, technical units and verify and cross check the data with the technical team and ARCS PMER team, in case it was required.
- Liaise and follow up with programme management team in writing timely quality reports and finalise them with the teams before sharing with quality and accountability team. These could be Situation report, monthly report, interim or annual donor reports, survey reports, case studies and evaluation reports.
- Translate various M&E reports from Pashto/Dari into English language and vice versa.
- Support monitoring and evaluation and reporting tools for consistent and quality data collection.
- Conduct data analysis, requested by teams through the line manager to inform programme management.
- Work with programme teams (IFRC and ARCS) to assist with development or adaption of tools, checklists, and monitoring forms, according to the objectives and targets.
- Providing support to Q&A team in preparing data for maps, infographics, and presentation in close collaboration of Information Management (IM) officer.
Protection, Gender and Inclusion and Community Engagement and Accountability
- Ensure PGI and CEA mainstreaming is organized systematically with the support of the Senior Officer, Quality and Accountability.
- Participate and facilitate PGI and CEA training either in Kabul or outside Kabul (at field level) and support participation of women in the trainings.
- Undertake technical visits to the targeted communities/areas in programs (depending on availability and need, and if approved by line manager) to support monitoring and accountability processes.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for ARCS PMER staff and work as a mentor for ARCS less experienced staff.
- Any other tasks assigned as applicable to job scope by the line manager.
Duties applicable to all staff
1.Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
2.Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
3.Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- At least Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University
- Proven working experience in the field of M&E, IM and professional report writing.
- Working experience in humanitarian context (preferred)
- Red Cross/Red Crescent experience
- Self-sustaining in Microsoft Office Software (MS. Word, MS. Excel, MS. PowerPoint)
- Confidential approach when dealing with people’s information
- Strong spoken and written command in English as well as local language (Dari or Pashto)
Strong Candidate who meets job requirement are encourage to send their CV in PDF before deadline.
Note : Qualified Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.