Asset/Finance management Consultant
- Post Date:November 4, 2022
- Views 70
- Career Level ManagerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry FinanceQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary 2000 - 2100 USD monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 0532Location Kabul
About Moore Afghanistan :
At Moore, our purpose is to help people thrive – our clients, our people and the communities they live and work in. We’re a global accounting and advisory family of over 30,000 people across more than 260 independent firms and 110 countries, connecting and collaborating to take care of your needs – local, national and international. When you work with Moore firms, you’ll work with people who care deeply about your success and who have the drive and dedication to deliver results for you and your business. You’ll have greater access to senior expertise than with many firms. We’ll be here for you whenever you need us – to help you see through the maze of information, to guide you in your decisions and to make sure you take advantage of every opportunity. To help you thrive in a changing world.
About your organization:
UNDP Global Mission Statement:
UNDP is the UN’s global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience, and resources to help people build a better life. UNDP is on the ground in about 170 countries and territories, working with national counterparts on solutions to global and national development challenges.
UNDP Afghanistan Mission Statement:
UNDP supports stabilization, state-building, governance, and development priorities in Afghanistan. UNDP, in partnership with the Government, the United Nations system, the donor community and other development stakeholders, helps countries to achieve sustainable development by eradicating poverty in all its forms and dimensions, accelerating structural transformations for sustainable development and building resilience to crises and shock. In Afghanistan, a country in conflict, UNDP works for development and recovery choices that reduce vulnerability and contribute a development perspective to strengthen humanitarian and peace-building responses.
UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet. UNDP has been working in Afghanistan for more than 50 years on climate change and resilience, gender, governance, health, livelihoods, and rule of law. Under the broader framework of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and in close coordination with other UN agencies, UNDP is supporting Afghan people’s aspiration for peace, prosperity, and sustainability. UNDP is currently implementing its flagship crisis response programme, ABADEI (Area Based Approach to Development Emergency Initiatives), as part of the ongoing UN-led response to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe and the breakdown of Afghanistan’s economy following the August 2021 shift in power.
As a trusted, long-term partner of The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund, GF), UNDP’s value proposition lies in providing an integrated package of development solutions to strengthen institutions to deliver health services. Through its contributions as interim Principal Recipient (PR) and provider of technical assistance in over 53 countries since 2003, UNDP’s provision of integrated policy, implementation and capacity development support to countries has yielded significant health and development results in challenging operating environments. Within the HIV, Health and Development Group, Bureau of Programme and Policy Support, Global Policy Network the Global Fund – Health Implementation Support Team (GF/HIST) is a dedicated team providing support to UNDP Country Offices implementing health and development programmes.
In Afghanistan, UNDP is the interim Principal Recipient for the three diseases, HIV, TB and malaria and health system strengthening (the Grant). For effective implementation of the Global Fund resources, UNDP Afghanistan has established a Program Management Unit (PMU), which is responsible for the day-to-day overall programme management, risk management, policy guidance, financial accountability, procurement of goods, including health products and services, strengthening of the national pharmaceutical and laboratory.
The Finance/Asset management consultant works in close collaboration with finance team of the Global Fund project and the Afghan holding group (AHG) Moore Stephen LTD to maintain the updated asset register and facilitate the payment of the national and provincial personnel working under AHG for the GF programme. The consultant will work in consultation with the program and operations teams in the PMU in ensuring the successful implementation of the tasks assigned to him/her.
The overall objective of this assignment is to manage and keep the asset and inventory register and assist the finance team project financial management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Asset and Inventory Management
• Maintain an up-to-dated and consolidated asset register and reconcile the values of the asset register with ATLAS on monthly and quarterly basis. Furthermore, ensure that all necessary specifications and information on physical location and custodian related to the assets are captured in the Asset Register.
• In cooperation with respective PMU staff, serve as an asset focal point for all asset management for PMU; assets under the control of PMU and SR/national partners level planned; and facilitate the ad-hoc and planned asset/inventory physical and/or data verification in Kabul and provinces.
• Support with e-documentation of the assets/inventory information with the required supporting documents; i.e ensures appropriate archiving/scanning and creation of a repository for copies.
• Asset focal person will maintain a cordial relation with the SR/SSRs and follow-up for the required authorization for the transfers and update any transfer from one location to another on timely basis and confirms during a verification.
• Asset focal person will update or inform on timely basis any abnormalities or issues observed to the finance specialist and the PMU manager for the required action. This includes damages on assets, theft/loss for the required action as per the PMU asset management/procedure.
• Asset focal person will represent the PMU for any asset reporting or verification process requirements by the CO management.
• Facilitate the asset insurance requirements and advise the PMU management.
B. Ensures the National and Provincial monthly payroll payments through the LTA holder are paid on time, focusing on achievement of the following results.
• Ensure the necessary/ required LTA contracted personnel files are maintained with the PMU finance team, the PO, the payment or disbursement files or information are reconciled.
• Ensures the required monthly attendance sheets are received on time from the responsible person in the partners to the PMU responsible personnel for verifications.
• Ensure the verification process between the partners attendance/control sheet and the PMU files are reconciled or verified on time to facilitate the monthly payments to the LTA contracted personnel.
• Ensure the timely submission of invoices from LTA holder for the reimbursement as per the signed agreement with UNDP. Ensure that the monthly invoices from the LTA holder are matching with the monthly disbursements and are according to the approved agreements.
• Monitor the LTA disbursements are according to the approved budget of the project and advise on timely basis for any anticipated changes or effects to the approved budget lines so the PMU manager can facilitate for the required timely actions.
• Follow-up on the improvement of the service delivery of the LTA as per the signed contract and inform the PMU manager for the required action on timely basis.
C. Assist the finance associates and the finance assistance in clearing the Sub receipts reports and being custodian of hard and soft files:
• The Consultant may be requested to review the FACE reports of the sub receipts (SRs) of the Global fund projects whenever required.
• The consultant may also be requested for the SPOT check and monitoring visit of the SRs as required by the project. This may include a request to verify payments to various suppliers through phone calls and visits/meetings when feasible.
• The consultant may also work on the filing system of the PMU finance hard copies or soft copies. This requires scanning all the SR financial and other relevant document after the review process is finalized and before returning to the SRs.
• The consultant may be assigned by the PMU manager or Finance specialist to perform other tasks not described above both in the finance team and/or program team whenever the staff member is absent.
• BA degree in business management, accounting, finance and any related
• Experience must be 3-7 years.
Qualified candidates can apply through Jobs.af (Apply Now) and fill their details as per our organization requirement.
AHG careers link is attached for your review.