Antenna Design Engineer, Devices and Services
- Post Date:September 16, 2022
- Views 120
- Experience 4 YearsGender BothIndustry Computer and Technology
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of OpportunitiesLocation Mountain View, CA, USA
About the job
As an Antenna Design Engineer, you will be part of our hardware design team building Pixel device and service products. In this role, you will design, optimize, and validate the antenna solution across different wireless communication technologies.You will collaborate closely with a talented cross-functional team to design and manufacture industrial leading hardware products that users truly enjoy.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user’s interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people’s lives better through technology.
- Design, optimize and validate antenna solutiom (e.g., cellular, WiFi/Bluetooth, GNSS, UWB, and other applications for Pixel products).
- Work on antenna related certification and compliance issues.
- Conduct and analyze over-the-air testing to evaluate product radiated performance, and collaborate with cross-functional teams during product development.
- Work with vendors to co-develop/validate new antenna technology and new materials to meet product specifications.
- Design high volume mass production, capable of supporting factory engineers from prototype to product launch.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus on antenna or electromagnetism, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in industrial designing antennas for consumer electronics.
- Experience with electromagnetic simulation tools (e.g., CST, XFDTD, HFSS, etc.) and circuit simulation tools.
- Experience with board design, board bring-up, desense mitigation, and factory manufacturing process.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering specializing in antenna, RF, or electromagnetics.
- Experience in using RF test equipment and antenna anechoic chamber.
- Experience managing new technologies in the domain of RF, electromagnetics, and wireless communication.
- Familiarity with scripting and automation tools for data collection and analysis.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and their respective certification process.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.