American University US 2022 Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- Post Date:August 27, 2022
- Apply Before: December 15, 2022
- Views 48
- Gender BothIndustry EducationQualification Bachelor Degree
- Funding Type Partial FundedLanguage English
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity. Bringing together the best of AU – academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement – the AU Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision. The AU EGL is dedicated to positive civic and social change, and will return home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in their home country.
Requirements for American University Bachelors Qualification
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service, and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with one of the following:
- 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above)
- Sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017)
- 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above)
- 33 minimum SAT Reading subscore
- 29 minimum ACT English
- 65 minimum PTE
- 120+ Duolingo (all subscores must be 110 or above)
- Cambridge Assessment English score of 185 or higher. Each sub-score must be 169 or higher.
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2023.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at least 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to American University (AU) on future-eagle.american.edu to apply
- Complete the online AU EGLS application; the application will be available September 1, 2022.
- Submit a bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form – each demonstrating a minimum of U.S.$4,000. These can be uploaded via your Future Eagle Portal or sent by fax to +1-202-885-1025. Examples of bank letters and the AU CFIS form template
- Submit your official TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English, PTE, or Cambridge Assessment English Test score results by December 15, 2022 at the latest. Please have official English proficiency score reports sent directly to American University Undergraduate Admissions.
- Complete and submit the Common Application or Coalition Application, together with all supporting documents per checklist by AU EGLS priority deadline of December 15, 2022, or by January 15, 2023 at the latest. Please note that preliminary AU EGLS application packet must include a bank letter confirming a minimum of US$4,000 (not US$73,802). Students who do not submit a complete application packet with all supporting documents by the deadline will not be reviewed.
- If you are applying through a program supported by EducationUSA or if you are a past FLEX or YES high school scholarship recipient from the U.S. Department of State, please provide a letter from your EducationUSA center’s adviser confirming your candidacy. You may request for the letter to be sent to [email protected] as a PDF.
- If you are not selected as one of the finalists, you may still be considered for admission to American University, Washington, DC and eligible for partial merit scholarships. However, to continue the application process, you will need to submit proof of funds totaling U.S.$73,802 (estimated costs for first year of study).
Zoom interviews and additional essay submissions will be required for AU EGL semi-finalists and finalists. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected] .
Related Jobs (6)
Maastricht University Netherlands 2023 High Potential Scholarship on October 10, 2022 Scholarship
EAST-WEST CENTER GRADUATE DEGREE FELLOWSHIP: AWARD DETAILS on October 10, 2022 Fellowship
RMIT University 2022 Natural Hazards Research Scholarship on July 4, 2022 Scholarship