- Post Date:November 7, 2022
- Views 44
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry AgricultureQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 2Vacancy Number VA-2022-132Location Daikondi Ghowr
Afghanaid is a British humanitarian and development organisation operating in Afghanistan. For close to forty years we have worked with millions of deprived, excluded and vulnerable families in some of the poorest and most remote communities in Afghanistan. We build basic services, improve livelihoods, strengthen the rights of women and children, help communities protect against natural disasters and adapt to climate change, and respond to humanitarian emergencies.
Our community-led approach gives ordinary Afghans a voice in their own development, making them active participants in shaping the future of their country. With our years of experience, our majority Afghan team, and our deep understanding of local, cultural and ethnic issues, we have earned great trust and respect among the communities we work alongside. This has allowed us to gain access to some of the most underserved areas of the country.
Under the direct technical supervision of project coordinator, you will be accomplishing the following key responsibilities:
- With the assistance of project coordinator, the agriculturist will develop daily and monthly work plan.
- He/she will conduct regularly visits to district programme site at 90 % time to field to observe and assess the performance of target beneficiaries’ and provide to them information and technical advice as required.
- With the support of social organizer carry out the community mobilization and beneficiary selection.
- He/she will closely work with relevant project field staff and target farmers and livestock owners to implement the project activities and will send monthly progress report against the agreed objectives and outcomes.
- Distribution of the wheat seed and animal feed to the targeted beneficiaries.
- Conduct mobilization meetings with target farmers, and promote sustainability through farmer’s participation and involvement in all Agricultural activities.
- Conduct regular visits to farmer’s fields, identify technical problems investigate causes, advise effective solutions to farmers and commercial growers to assure crop quality and low crop damage and ensure increased crop production levels.
- Provide information or recommendations to farmers or other landowners regarding ways in which they can best use land, promote plant growth, or avoid or correct problems such as erosion.
- Conduct experiments to develop new or improved varieties of field crops, focusing on characteristics such as yield, quality, disease resistance, nutritional value, or adaptation to specific soils or climates.
- Develop new or improved methods or products for controlling or eliminating weeds, crop diseases, or insect pests and identify or classify species of insects such as locust.
- Document and share case studies, success stories and field visit reports as and when required.
- Discussion with the community regarding extension of new methodology and introducing new varieties and techniques in the area.
- He/she will delivery agro technique and livestock management trainings to project farmers and livestock owners.
- He/she will carry out the post distribution and post harvesting survey in the field.
- Any other duties as and when assigned by the line manager, MD and/or Directorate.
Education & Professional Qualification
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Agronomy or Agriculture Extension from a well-recognized University.
- 3-4-year experience of working in INGO development programme
- Possess at least a BSc degree in agriculture.
- At least 3 years of working experience.
- Evidence of a highly developed computer literacy
- Knowledge of English language will be an added value.
- Knowledge of Dari and Pashtu language will be an added value.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable Agriculture officer with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organisational, interpersonal relations, decision-making and reporting skills.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
Key Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in computer software MS Office etc.
- Reporting writing skills
- Ability to provide technical supervision, motivate and train project beneficiaries and farmers.
- Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations.
- Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
- Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
- A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
- Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
- Sensitivity to gender issues.
- Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
- Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuitive and self-motivation
- Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses, active listener
Please submit your application by filling the Afghanaid standard job application form and email a completed application form, covering letter and your CV, by no later than Monday 17th November 2022 to [email protected] ; including your name, vacancy number and the job title in the subject line. Your covering letter should be no more than 1 standard A4 page in length and explain how you meet the essential and desirable position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates. Application with no proper subject (requested above), without the application form or submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the deadline, then you have not been successful for shortlisting.
Please note that applying without filling the standard job application form will result in disqualifying the applications to review for shortlisting.
Link for the Afghanaid Standard Job Application form: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1vLmMCTTa7peZ-8Odm-L4xm_5ULr6nvRG