Administrative Officer for EMB- NPSA8
- Post Date:January 8, 2023
- Views 52
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry DevelopmentQualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of Opportunities
- Location JordanLanguage Arabic | English
the Regional Electoral Support Project for Middle East and North Africa supports Arab Electoral Management Bodies (EMBs) which has come into fruition following a yearlong effort by a committee of EMB members of six Arab countries. UNDP is set to support the new organization in its initial phase including advisor services, partnering in its activities, and establishing the secretariat. Within this context, the Regional Electoral Support Project for MENA is seeking a Coordination and Liaison Officer to ArabEMBs’ organization to support the secretariat of the organization in establishing itself as a professional entity with regular meetings, activities with member and non-member EMBs, engagement with national, regional and international organizations engaged on electoral matters, and initiating the production of electoral knowledge products for the region.
- Act as a main focal point between ArabEMBs secretariat and liaison officers in EMBs as well as other organizations that ArabEMBs works closely with;
- Support ArabEMBs Secretary General in implementing tasks related to the secretariat and implementing all decisions of the executive board, including the preparation of draft agendas, sending and preparing invitations, drafting minutes of meetings, following-up with signing, documents, and disseminating the minutes of meeting and decisions to the members;
- Support in organizing all meetings and activities, related to ArabEMBs organization and examine proper technical, administrative, and logistical preparations to ensure their success;
- Support the preparation and holding of meetings, including preparation of minutes and activity reports;
- Help promote outreach and coordination mechanisms among the ArabEMBs organization and other member and non-member EMBs, and related regional and international organizations;
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, minutes of meetings, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Contribute to drafting technical reports/ assessments submitted within the framework of the programme implementation and provide substantive input when necessary;
- Promote and sustain the organization’s website and updates on social media;
- Support in all preparations related to creating ArabEMBs’ regular newsletter;
- Review and edit ArabEMBs’ publications and reports, and ensure their dissemination to members and other stakeholders;
- Collect, classify, and analyze the information necessary to develop the knowledge products, studies, and worksheets related to the organization’s activities;
- Circulating regional and global developments, decisions and reports in the area of electoral process among members and making available cultural exchange;
- Liaise with UNDP Electoral Support Project and coordinate closely with the team;
- Providing logistical support to the ArabEMBs Organization.
- Preparing the balance sheet and the Organization’s estimated budget and raising it to the Secretary-General to present to the Executive Office and the General Assembly.
- Follow up on receiving annual fees from member states and any other revenues, and maintain records/logs of the Organization resources;
- Any other related tasks.
The Administrative Officer for EMBs will work under the direct supervision Regional Electoral Advisor of ArabEMBs and in close coordination with ArabEMBs Secretary General and executive board.
|Achieve Results:||LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|Think Innovatively:||LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|Learn Continuously:||LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback|
|Adapt with Agility:||LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible|
|Act with Determination:||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
|Engage and Partner:||LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion:||LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
|People Management (Insert below standard sentence if the position has direct reports.)
UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
– Cross-Functional & Technical competencies (insert up to 7 competencies)
|Min. Education requirements||Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business, Communication, Computer Science, Electoral Assistance or related fields|
|Min. years of relevant work experience||2 years of relevant administrative experience is required at national or regional or International organizations.
|Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section||
|Required Language(s)||Fluency in Arabic and English|
|Professional Certificates||Not Required