- Post Date:August 28, 2022
- Views 58
- Experience 4 YearsGender BothIndustry Management
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of OpportunitiesVacancy Number VA/2022/B0049/24524
- Location Bangkok, ThailandLanguage English
Background Information – Job-specific
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Associate and under the overall guidance ofthe BSSC Manager, the Administration Assistant manages and ensures the provision of efficient logistic and transportation support services to a relevant operational unit. In the discharge of her/his duties, the Administration Assistant liaises with UNOPS programme support colleagues in order to ensure consistent service delivery for the office/programme. The Administration Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
Summary of Key Functions
- Logistics and asset management support
- Office operations and administrative support on protocol related tasks
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Supports provision of reliable logistics and asset management support, namely:
- Prepares accurate inventory lists and adequate property records for the office as well as for projects.
- Carefully monitors the movement of equipment into and within the area of responsibility.
- Supports the successful implementation of a system to monitor equipment, accounts, and properties managed by the office, in accordance with UNOPS’ equipment policy(ies).
- Supports the processing of supply requisitions for the office premises.
- Assists with timely and effective customs clearance processes.
- Supports the administration of the receipt of goods and equipment for the office, inspection, and report preparations.
- Supports office operations and administration of protocol related tasks, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Coordinates on provision of reliable and quality office supplies.
- Supports the appropriate maintenance, servicing and repair of all office equipment for top performance and safe operating conditions in accordance with UNOPS office management policy and procedures, as well as ensuring safe and secure storage of all office equipment and property.
- Helps ensure the office has effective courier services by liaising with courier companies, managing payments, ensuring office access, and communicating with the office premise owners, as necessary.
- Supports the effective delivery of documentation within Bangkok with external parties (e.g. MoFA, Embassies, etc.) by coordinating with courier and/or transportation companies.
- Supports maintenance of common premises and common services.
- Requests VAT exemption for UNOPS BSSC, AR-ORD, and THMCO suppliers
- Supports the assessment of contract services (e.g. cleaning, courier, etc.)towards improving service level and/or identifying better solutions for the office.
- Ad hoc protocol or admin-related tasks to support the office, as assigned by the supervisor or BSSC Manager.
- Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training events for the programme, operations and projects personnel on logistics and administrative related subjects.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks.
- Completion of secondary school is required. First University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent disciplines is desirable and may substitute for some of the required years of experience, but is not a requirement. Administrative certification is an asset.
- A minimum of 4 years of administrative/operational experience in logistics and administration, with demonstrated capacity to meet performance indicators, and deliver results is required.
- Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages is required.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Full working knowledge of English is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN or regional working language is an asset.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA-4
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- UNOPS embraces diversity and it is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, or disability.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
- All UNOPS personnel are responsible for performing their duties in accordance with the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNOPS Policies and Instructions, as well as other relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, all personnel must demonstrate an understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in a manner consistent with UN core values and the UN Common Agenda.
- It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Related Jobs (27)
Diversity and Inclusion Manager (IDM 2.0) Magdeburg (m/f/d) on September 16, 2022 Full Time Job
Physical Design Engineer( Synthesis , Placement and Routing) on September 16, 2022 Full Time Job