Administration Assistant (Human Resources), Multiple positions
- Post Date:August 21, 2022
- Views 113
- Experience 3 YearsGender BothIndustry Management
- Qualification DiplomaNumber of OpportunitiesLocation Bangkok, Thailand
- Language English
Background Information – Job-specific
Under the guidance and supervision of the HR Senior Officer – Personnel Administration, the Administration Assistant – Personnel Administration provides support to HR services in the field office support services function, ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The ICA administration assistant promotes a client-oriented approach, consistent with rules and regulations approach in the unit.
The Administration Assistant – Personnel Administration works in close collaboration with the Programme, Project and Support Services colleagues locally and with UNOPS HQ colleagues, to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Summary of Key Functions:
Administration of ICA contracts, benefits and entitlements
Implementation of HR strategies and procedures
Knowledge building and sharing
1. Administration of ICA contracts, benefits and entitlements, as follows:
Assistance in the management of Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA) contract administration implementation, supporting accurate and timely ICA issuance by UNOPS to its offices and that of its Partners.
Processing and releasing contracts in oneUNOPS based on clear instructions.
Processing contractual changes in oneUNOPS or related utilities (e.g. oneSUP) based on clear instructions.
Performance of SEA Clear Checks based on ICA Award information.
Registration and maintenance of Supplier Profiles for personnel in oneUNOPS based on clearly established guidelines and according to banking detail documents/forms.
Processing of Certification of Payments (COPs) for retainer and lump sum ICAs based on clear instructions.
Enrollment of personnel and/or dependants in medical insurances based on clear instructions.
Communication with colleagues on areas requiring verification, corrections, additional information, etc. to improve quality of output and/or account submission and increase knowledge base in the process.
Performance of oneUNOPS Resource-level data clean up exercises (e.g. supervisor changes and ‘works at’ cost centre), as necessary and based on clear instructions.
Preparation of non-HQ UNC application packages for internal certification and subsequent posting to UNOG. Further facilitation of accurate and timely document dispatch upon receipt of newly created UNC from UNOG.
Preparation of employment certificates and tax attestations upon request and in accordance with oneUNOPS contract and payroll data.
Resolution of routine administrative and process problems and reference of complex issues to either System Support or supervisor, as appropriate.
Maintenance of available project and personnel documents within the oneUNOPS document manager.
2. Supports implementation of HR strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
Full compliance of HR processes and records with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
3. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
Participation in HR trainings for the operations / projects personnel.
Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
• Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
• A BA or MA degree may substitute required years of work experience.
Experience: 3 years of relevant administrative experience. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (G Suite, Acrobat) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is desirable.
Language Requirements: Fluency in written and oral English. Knowledge of a second UN working language is desirable.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA-3
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
• Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
• Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
• For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
• For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
• The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
Related Jobs (4)
Services of a Legal Expert on Energy and Environment -LBN-CO- IC-1-23 on January 8, 2023 Job
Maastricht University Netherlands 2023 High Potential Scholarship on October 10, 2022 Scholarship