Admin/Finance Consultant (Intermediate Technical Professional)
- Post Date:October 10, 2022
- Views 71
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry FinanceQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary 2400 - 2500 USD monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 0533Location Bamyan
About Moore Afghanistan :
At Moore, our purpose is to help people thrive – our clients, our people and the communities they live and work in. We’re a global accounting and advisory family of over 30,000 people across more than 260 independent firms and 110 countries, connecting and collaborating to take care of your needs – local, national and international. When you work with Moore firms, you’ll work with people who care deeply about your success and who have the drive and dedication to deliver results for you and your business. You’ll have greater access to senior expertise than with many firms. We’ll be here for you whenever you need us – to help you see through the maze of information, to guide you in your decisions and to make sure you take advantage of every opportunity. To help you thrive in a changing world.
About your organization:
Since 2009, Afghanistan Holding Group has provided professional business services including taxation, payroll, training, management consulting, research, and M&E services. AHG employs over 180 full-time, highly qualified Afghans in Kabul, calling on an additional pool of over 800 professionals across all 34 provinces for specific short-term support. We strive to serve our clients with the highest levels of efficiency, integrity, and accountability.
Objective of the assignment:
UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations build integrated, lasting solutions for people and the planet. UNDP has been working in Afghanistan for more than 50 years on climate change and resilience, gender, governance, health, livelihoods, and the rule of law. Under the broader framework of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and in close coordination with other UN agencies, UNDP supports the Afghan people’s aspiration for peace, prosperity, and sustainability
The political change of 15 of August has created new conditions, subsequent international sanctions, and a sudden stop of international aid flows. Since the takeover of the Taliban, the Afghan civil society has suffered greatly from the dire economic, social and political situation. Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) play a vital role in promoting development, providing inclusive and critical basic services, strengthening local community action and ownership, and responding in swift and flexible ways to the needs of the population in Afghanistan. NGOs provide a critical voice for Afghans, are a pathway to expedited and targeted service delivery, and enhance social cohesion and local ownership of the development process, both vital to sustainability and security. Specifically, CSOs and NGOs are particularly important for delivering services to Afghan girls and women.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The consultant will prepare proper planning, internal control system and safeguard measures for efficient and effective use of financial and other resources of the ABADEI Bamyan regional office
• Ensure full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial recording/reporting systema.
• Preparation of budgets, periodic expenditure reporting, of the projects related to the Bamyan regional office
• Maintain complete sets of books of accounts and financial records on a daily basis following standard accounting principles.
• Analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for ABADEI program, monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions.
• Ensure financial transactions are authorized, recorded, filed with adequate supporting documentation.
• Preparation and monitoring of budgets; regular analysis and reporting on the budget approvals and the delivery situation.
• Provide coordination support in the audit and spot check process in accordance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and procedures including pre-audit preparations and ensure continuous follow ups on the implementation of audit findings.
• Management of petty cash of the regional office
• Provide administration support the Bamyan area manager
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Area Manager the Admin/Finance Consultant will provide financial service to ABADEI Bamyan regional office to ensure effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and integrity of financial services.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Public Administration, or Part-qualified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Admin and financial management and oversight
• Ability to work independently, taking initiative, proactive, reliable and impartial.
• Knowledge and experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and working knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, as well as experience in the handling of web-based management systems.
• Experience from previous UN assignments and/or multilateral and bi-lateral aid organizations would be an asset.
• Internationally recognized accounting certification will be an advantage
• BUDGET MANAGEMENT: Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budget.
• FINANCIAL REPORTING AND ANALYSIS: Understands changes in regulatory, legal and ethical frameworks and standards for financial reporting in the public sector. Ability to extract, evaluate financial data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful and coherent manner to facilitate effective decision making and performance monitoring. Understands the benefits of integrated reporting, including non-financial resources such as human, social and intellectual capital, and environmental and governance performance.
• depending on the audience ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
• MONITORING: Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results.
• Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions, and supporting decision-making
Qualified candidates can apply through Jobs.af (Apply Now) and fill their details as per our organization requirement.
AHG careers link is attached for your review: