Project Team Manager
- Post Date:September 14, 2022
- Views 101
- Career Level ManagerExperience 8 Years +Gender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Location Kabul
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
The Reducing the Impact of Insecurity on Afghanistan’s Legal System (RIIALS) program is a multi-year, research, and development project. Under the RIIALS program, IDLO aims to build on IDLO’s existing efforts to assist justice service providers such as civil society organizations, legal practitioners, and customary and informal justice actors to help them gain a better understanding of the risks they face when providing justice services and develop appropriate responses. The project will include providing partner institutions with assistance to improve their policies and procedures, and to pilot new interventions. The project aims to: 1) Ensure civil society organizations and other non-state actors in the justice sector understand the impact of contextual insecurity on the provision of justice services; and 2) help ensure non-state justice service providers are prepared to mitigate the effects of insecurity and disruptive events.
Reporting to the Field Program Manager (FPM), RIIALS the Project Team Manager will support the day-to-day activities of the RIIALS Project Team. This will include facilitating cooperation between core teams, operational departments, and projects, and ensuring collaboration, coordination, resource allocation, and conflict resolution within the RIIALS Project Team to assist the FPM in completing all project deliverables/targets in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Summary of Functions:
1. Manage project team.
2. Manage day-to-day project implementation.
3. Monitor project compliance with donor agreement and IDLO rules.
4. Ensure quality standards of project outputs.
5. Manage project reporting and coordinate monitoring and evaluation.
6. National stakeholder coordination.
7. Act as a deputy to the Field Program Manager, RIIALS, when requested.
Key results expected:
Manage project team
· Support the FPM in day-to-day project implementation via management of project staff.
· Ensure fair and efficient distribution of tasks and manage absences and approvals.
· Provide clear direction, addressing development and performance management through ongoing dialogue and mentoring; fostering a teamwork approach in meeting objectives and goals; address possible conflicts in a positive and constructive manner; encourage initiative and maintain effective working relationships.
Monitor project compliance with donor agreement and IDLO rules
· Review project activities for compliance with donor contracts/agreements and provide feedback and recommendations to FPM.
· Ensure sub-contract compliance with IDLO and donor rules and regulations.
· Support the timely identification and screening of project contractors and selected employees.
Ensure quality standards of project outputs
· Review project documents, correspondence, and staff work products for quality and relevance prior to FPM approval.
· Ensure project deliverables meet quality standards and proactively seek input from relevant core services teams and internal experts.
· Design, research, draft, and edit legal and non-legal working papers, memos, briefs, and other original materials in the field experience, and utilize these materials for the development of relevant outputs.
· Conduct research on legal, political, social, and economic events, trends, and/or developments relating to the project; respond to internal and external requests for such research.
Manage project reporting and coordinate monitoring and evaluation
· Draft, collect and seek input to biweekly, quarterly and annual reports as well as other types of reports or internal briefings as requested.
· Support the submission of financial and narrative reports, highlighting the value and impact the output/activity brings.
· Develop monthly progress reports on work plan implementation as well as other reports or information requested.
· Facilitate the regular review and update workplan and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) plan in cooperation with the FPM and M&R Team.
National stakeholder coordination
· Participate in project events, and under the guidance of the FPM and in coordination with the Advocacy Team, build relationships with national counterparts at donor and UN agencies, and maintain close communication and collaboration with government institutions, CSOs and other stakeholders in the rule of law field, through meetings and the preparation of reports and briefs.
Act as a deputy to the Field Project Manager, RIIALS Project, when requested and perform any other relevant duties as requested.
“Hard” skills (Knowledge and Skills)
· Familiarity with standard program/project and data management tools, as well as results-based management and monitoring and evaluation principles.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with extensive experience drafting and editing documents in English.
· Verifiable experience with program budgeting and forecasting.
· Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel (including building financial formulas), and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT and internet software.
· Works well with others and actively participates.
· Shows good judgment prioritizing assignments, planning work and manage multiple deadlines.
· Shares information, contributes, encourages, and motivates others to become involved in team activities.
· Provides constructive feedback and willingly helps others. Contributes to a fair environment that fosters collaboration and cooperation.
· Acts as a role model and offers guidance to colleagues.
· Takes initiative to share knowledge, experiences, and information with others.
· Accepts and gives constructive feedback (up, down, and across) to develop and motivate others.
· Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives.
· Asks questions, listens to others, and tailors language and tone to environment.
Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than September 27,2022 to the email given. Please clearly indicate the position name and vacancy number (Project Team Manager–IDLO/26/2022) applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for Test/Interview.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply!